Wired Intelligent Edge (Campus Switching and Routing)

Highlighted

Aruba controllers and wired clients

Hi guys,

I have an Aruba controller (ArubaOS 8.2) and a RAP. This RAP is not broadcasting any SSID since clients are connected to the RAP's ports. Clients can transmit traffic and everything is fine, the only problem is I don't see clients in the controller dashboard, I guess the reason is they are wired clients and not wireless clients. This days I have to integrate the controller to AirWave, but I guess if I don't see wired clients in the controller, I will see the same in AirWave. Any suggestion?

nowiredclients.jpg

Regards,

Julián

Re: Aruba controllers and wired clients

Hi,

It seems I have to set the ports as untrusted:

https://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Wireless-Access/Show-wired-ap-users/td-p/273580

But after setting this and after rebotting the RAP twice, I don't see still any client.

This is the wired AP profile on the port the client is connected to:

wiredap.PNG

This is the AAA profile:

aaa.PNG

And this is the initial role I have set within the AAA profile:

initialrole.PNG

I see the following logs related to my client:

8021x.pngeapol.png

Any tip? Please your help!

Regards,

Julián

Hi guys,

Any idea? After checking more posts like the following

https://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Wireless-Access/Provisioning-APs-to-do-802-1x-authentication-on-its-wired-uplink/td-p/90532

I don't see any clients yet. Even I rebooted the controller. I have enabled the 802.1x authentication in profile as suggested in the previous logs and I don't see them anymore, but still no wired clients in the controller's dashboard. All the post about the topic say to set the port as untrusted, which I have done, but without results. I guess is about my AAA, 802.1x authentication and wired port profiles, but I am not an expert on this and still stuck. Attached the controller configuration. Please I need your help.

Regards,

Julián

Guru Elite

Upgrade to 8.4

| Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security | @timcappalli | timcappalli.me |

NOTE: Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.

After upgrading to ArubaOS 8.4 I can see the wired clients :)

Is it a 8.2 bug? Many thanks Tim!

Regards,

Julián

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: