Wired Intelligent Edge

last person joined: yesterday 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba controllers and wired clients

This thread has been viewed 16 times
  • 1.  Aruba controllers and wired clients

Posted Mar 22, 2019 08:21 AM

Hi guys,

I have an Aruba controller (ArubaOS 8.2) and a RAP. This RAP is not broadcasting any SSID since clients are connected to the RAP's ports. Clients can transmit traffic and everything is fine, the only problem is I don't see clients in the controller dashboard, I guess the reason is they are wired clients and not wireless clients. This days I have to integrate the controller to AirWave, but I guess if I don't see wired clients in the controller, I will see the same in AirWave. Any suggestion?

nowiredclients.jpg

Regards,

Julián

• 2.  RE: Aruba controllers and wired clients

Posted Mar 22, 2019 10:12 AM

Hi,

It seems I have to set the ports as untrusted:

https://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Wireless-Access/Show-wired-ap-users/td-p/273580

But after setting this and after rebotting the RAP twice, I don't see still any client.

This is the wired AP profile on the port the client is connected to:

wiredap.PNG

This is the AAA profile:

aaa.PNG

And this is the initial role I have set within the AAA profile:

initialrole.PNG

I see the following logs related to my client:

8021x.pngeapol.png

Any tip? Please your help!

Regards,

Julián

• 3.  RE: Aruba controllers and wired clients

Posted Mar 22, 2019 05:54 PM
      |   view attached

Hi guys,

Any idea? After checking more posts like the following

https://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Wireless-Access/Provisioning-APs-to-do-802-1x-authentication-on-its-wired-uplink/td-p/90532

I don't see any clients yet. Even I rebooted the controller. I have enabled the 802.1x authentication in profile as suggested in the previous logs and I don't see them anymore, but still no wired clients in the controller's dashboard. All the post about the topic say to set the port as untrusted, which I have done, but without results. I guess is about my AAA, 802.1x authentication and wired port profiles, but I am not an expert on this and still stuck. Attached the controller configuration. Please I need your help.

Regards,

Julián

Attachment(s)

txt
    putty3_22032019.txt   52 KB 1 version

• 4.  RE: Aruba controllers and wired clients
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 22, 2019 07:10 PM
    Upgrade to 8.4

• 5.  RE: Aruba controllers and wired clients

Posted Mar 26, 2019 04:28 PM

After upgrading to ArubaOS 8.4 I can see the wired clients :)

Is it a 8.2 bug? Many thanks Tim!

Regards,

Julián