Wired Intelligent Edge

last person joined: yesterday 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba iap315rw

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Aruba iap315rw

Posted Oct 13, 2018 04:17 AM
    I have 10 Aruba 315’s in a 3 story hotel. I ha be them mounted horz in middle floor . The power led is orange and signal strength is not great. Any ideas.

• 2.  RE: Aruba iap315rw

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 13, 2018 08:02 AM

How are you powering those acess points?  Do you have them mounted in a hall?  What is the transmit power for the access point with the problem?

• 3.  RE: Aruba iap315rw

Posted Oct 13, 2018 08:31 AM
    Powered via net gear Poe switch. The units are mount in the ceiling on
    the middle corridor. So just wondering if they work up as well as down. If
    that makes sense

• 4.  RE: Aruba iap315rw

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 13, 2018 09:58 AM

How far away are you from the access point?

• 5.  RE: Aruba iap315rw

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 15, 2018 12:07 PM

Do I read correctly that you put all the APs on the middle floor in a single line?

You should really spread the APs over the floors and as close to where the users are.

Cross floor coverage should be avoided (at least not relied on), and if you want to have coverage for the clients in the rooms you should really consider putting the APs in the rooms rather than in the corridors.

When APs have a direct line of sight, they will reduce power to prevent interference.