Wired Intelligent Edge

last person joined: yesterday 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba switch 2930F 48P Poe+

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Aruba switch 2930F 48P Poe+

Posted May 08, 2020 02:46 AM

Hi All,

I have got some questions in regards to aruba switches;

1) How many switches can be stacked together some post says only 4 while other says 8?

2) When configuring password complexity it says need to disable webui if thats true than it means I wont be able to do anything on GUI console?

3) Configuring expired password notification, how would I do that on switch, do i need to config smtp address or what other method does aruba allow us to do?

Thanks a ton for help!

Rish

• 2.  RE: Aruba switch 2930F 48P Poe+
    Best Answer

MVP EXPERT
    Posted May 08, 2020 02:54 AM

1. A 2930F VSF stack can have ###EDIT### 8 members as max. But design recommendations say stick on max 4. In early firmware the max. was 4 members, but in later firmware its changed to 8 members.

2. I never use the GUI, learn CLI and use Airwave for management. For password complexity yes GUI/Rest must be disabled.

3. I would recommend to use a TACACS+ server so you can use different AD accounts to manage the switches. But you need off course a TACACS+ server like Aruba ClearPass to make this happen.

Without TACACS+ (or RADIUS);

My standard approach (smaller environments) is not using password complexity feature but use a strong manager password (or create your own account name) and make sure that switch management is only reachable from the management vlan for administrators.  You can also set from what source ip pool management is reachable. For bigger environments with many administrators use TACACS+ with Aruba ClearPass.

For more information about the password complexity feature and configuration examples see this document: https://h20628.www2.hp.com/km-ext/kmcsdirect/emr_na-a00038763en_us-3.pdf

• 3.  RE: Aruba switch 2930F 48P Poe+
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 08, 2020 02:07 PM

Greetings!

One clarification: the 2930F series supports a maximum of 8 members in a VSF stack, as does the new 6200 series running AOS-CX. The 6300 series supports up to 10 members per stack.

• 4.  RE: Aruba switch 2930F 48P Poe+

MVP EXPERT
    Posted May 08, 2020 03:12 PM

Dammit, your right! Thanks Matthew to keep me sharp ;;)).

Reference 16.10 User and Configuration Guide:

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=a00091307en_us

• 5.  RE: Aruba switch 2930F 48P Poe+

Posted May 11, 2020 08:15 PM

Thanks Matthew,

That was very useful.