Wired Intelligent Edge

last person joined: 18 hours ago 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba switching simulation platform

This thread has been viewed 136 times
  • 1.  Aruba switching simulation platform

Posted Jan 07, 2018 03:25 PM

Hi everyone,

I'm new within Airheads community and I'm preparing to get the ACSAv1 certificate basically using the official study guide. But, actually I need to find a platform where I could simulate the switching labs presented in the training, a platform in which switches such as 3800 and 5400R series can be simulated with no need for real equipments.

For example, for Cisco equipments we use GNS3, so what about Aruba? please help.

Thanks in advance. 

• 2.  RE: Aruba switching simulation platform

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 07, 2018 08:48 PM

Hi,

There is no simulation software availible for the switching platforms.

If you are an HPE Aruba partner please reach out to you local SE/Sales Rep and they may be able to assit you.

Thank you,

• 3.  RE: Aruba switching simulation platform

Posted Jan 08, 2018 05:45 AM

Hi Matthew,

Thanks for your answer, at least I'm now sure there's no platforms that would help.  I'll go after another way and refer back to our local sales rep.

Br,

Karima

• 4.  RE: Aruba switching simulation platform

Posted Jan 10, 2018 05:30 AM
    Yes it is good to have one.

• 5.  RE: Aruba switching simulation platform

MVP
    Posted Dec 16, 2019 04:29 PM

I know this thread might be old, however i can see that EVE-NG now has Aruba CX Switch 

https://www.eve-ng.net/index.php/documentation/howtos/howto-add-aruba-cx-switch/

Maybe this is helpfull.

• 6.  RE: Aruba switching simulation platform

Posted Jan 08, 2018 11:21 PM

Can someone propose to create ArubaOS for EVE-NG.

Because I can practice Cisco, Arista, ClearPass and many other things in EVE-NG except ArubaOS

https://nbctcp.wordpress.com/2015/07/02/unetlab-installation-on-esxi/

Not everyone could afford to buy 3800 or 5400.

Which cheapest switch model support ArubaOS?

tq

• 7.  RE: Aruba switching simulation platform

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 07, 2021 10:53 AM
    Hi Karima,
    We have made public our internal AOS-CX Switch simulator. If you are still interested, please visit our new Aruba AOS-CX Switch Simulator community.
    You will find information about downloading and installing, lab guides and more.
    Regards,

------------------------------
    Ruben Iglesias

• 8.  RE: Aruba switching simulation platform

MVP EXPERT
    Posted May 08, 2021 07:26 AM
    Hi Karima,

Unfortunately there is no development on ArubaOS for virtualisation like GNS3 of  EVE-NG. This is only developed for the next-generation ArubaOS-CX product line. Most students buy a small Aruba 2930F-8P what you can purchase for a high reduce price for training purpose when you work for an Aruba Partner. 

Another thing you can use for training is Aruba Workbench SEEL Lab, where you can run real hardware in de Aruba demolab.

For more information please contact your Aruba SE or Partner.

Marcel Koedijk | MVP Guru 2021 | ACMP | ACCP | ACDA | Ekahau ECSE | Not an HPE Employee | Opionions are my own