Wired Intelligent Edge (Campus Switching and Routing)

Occasional Contributor I

ArubaOS 2930F IP SLA

Hi All,

I'm currently using Cisco switches which have reached their end of life, I'm thinking of potentially switching over to Aruba, however I have a requirement that I would like to clarify would work on Aruba switches if anyone can help.

I currently use IP SLA on the Cisco switches to select which route forwards traffic. Nothing too indepth, the route is selected based on the outcome of ICMP Echo responses (if ping to route A fails, route B is selected).

Can this be faciliated on ArubaOS 2930F switches? I don't need a huge switch, which is why the 8-port Aruba 2930F looks apealing.

The routes are configured as static routes at present, and as mentioned above, utilize IP SLA to select the appropriate route.

Many thanks,

Super Contributor I

Re: ArubaOS 2930F IP SLA

I think this is not possible and the 2930f switch has limited routing support. Also the 3810 and 5400 doesn’t support ip sla I think.

However there is OSPF support on the 2930f and the high and series support advanced routing including bgp.

Willem Bargeman ACMX#935 | ACCX #822

Please give me kudos if my post was useful!
If your issue is solved mark the post as solution!
MVP Expert

I'm pretty much sure that very recent ArubaOS-Switch software releases (let's say newer than 16.02/16.04 to be on the safe side) on:

• Aruba 2920 (WB)
  • Aruba 2540 (YC)
  • Aruba 2930F (WC)
  • Aruba 2930M (WC)
  • Aruba 3810M (KB)
  • Aruba 3800 (KA)
  • Aruba 5400R zl2 (KB)

do support IP Service Level Agreement (IP SLA) feature...I don't know if want you need is achievable through ArubaOS-Switch IP SLA's implementation.

Super Contributor I

@parnassus is right. IP-SLA is supported.

For more information about IP-SLA at the 2930F switches please see the documentation.

http://h22208.www2.hpe.com/eginfolib/Aruba/16.08/5200-5486/index.html#v39439240.html

Occasional Contributor I

I'm aware IP-SLA is supported, however I'm looking to confirm that route selection can be performed utilizing IP-SLA.

Here is an article relating to the concept which I'm familiar with from a Cisco perspective: http://www.firewall.cx/cisco-technical-knowledgebase/cisco-routers/813-cisco-router-ipsla-basic.html

Kind Regards,

Super Contributor I

That's not possible. Only the following actions can be configured

Configure action to be taken when test gets completed.
trap: Send snmp-trap when configured threshold is hit.
log: Only log the event when configured threshold is hit.
trap-log: Send snmp-trap and log the event when configured threshold is hit.
none: Take no action.

Occasional Contributor I

I was fearing as much, thank you for the confirmation :)

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: