Wired Intelligent Edge (Campus Switching and Routing)

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor I

Re: ArubaOS-CX: ephemeral link down/up change on VSX LAG's member interface

Hello Parnassus,

No news for the moment. I had a new remote session with Aruba support last wednesday. We checked once again some logs on the two 8320 and the remotely attached 2930F stacks via some LAG. We saw the 2 seconds link up/down flapping logs on a member of LAG on several links. We checked the transceivers and stats on the interfaces concerned : everything is OK. Now the problem is transfered to the Aruba Engineering Resolution Team (ERT) and I will have a new remote session in the beginning of next week.

By resuming the reading of your first messages, our respective problems are a little different:
- you do not see a trace of these state transitions on the remote equipment while I have the trace
- your state transitions last only 300ms maximum while those which concern me last 2 seconds.

I'll keep in touch,

Regards,
Nicolas.

Highlighted
MVP Guru

Hello Nicolas, thanks for the update. My issue thus is slightly different than your one (Always, constantly, random link status flapping lasts about 350 milliseconds on VSX LAGs member interfaces and, yes, connected peers - hosts since I haven't any dual homed peer switches yet - are - luckily - not aware of the link status flapping).

Highlighted
MVP Guru

Hi! a tiny follow up: it looks like Aruba is going to bake a new ArubaOS-CX 10.03 software release to (also) fix this issue. I'll keep you updated. 

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor I

Hi Parnassus! Thanks, we stay tuned.

Nicolas.

Highlighted
MVP Guru

Follow-up: the recent ArubaOS-CX 10.03.0090 software release definitively solved the link status flapping issue our VSX was experiencing. Case closed.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
MVP Guru

Thank you for your patience, and your follow-up.

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor I

Hi,

After a week running 10.03.90, the 2 seconds LACP flapping problem did not occured so it can be concluded that this new release solved the problem as expected.

Thanks to Aruba support to have provided that patch.

Regards,

Nicolas

Highlighted
MVP Guru

Glad it fixed your issue too!

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: