Wired Intelligent Edge

last person joined: 18 hours ago 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

ArubaOS web interface feature parity with Comware - when?

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  ArubaOS web interface feature parity with Comware - when?

Posted Sep 29, 2018 03:11 AM

ArubaOS has a pretty poor web interface compared to Comware 7. It's very basic and lacks most features. Comware 7 has seen such a fast web interface development and now you can configure all the important services from web. It's also very well thought out and mobile friendly.

And before anyone says that one should configure everything from the commandline, I'd say there's plenty of cases where web interface is quicker and preferred. For example when working from a tablet and needing to make a single simple change. Web interface is also much easier to interns and junior techs who often have to make basic configuration changes.

I hope that now that HPE is pushing ArubaOS products over Comware 7, the web interface will catch up with Comware7.

• 2.  RE: ArubaOS web interface feature parity with Comware - when?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 01, 2018 03:05 AM

Hi,

First of all, thank you for this response. It would be great if you can provide some more details and specifics in where it can be better, faster, more agile for mobile devices and of course what features you think are needed in the web interface? This information will be very helpful for us. 

Thanks in advance!

• 3.  RE: ArubaOS web interface feature parity with Comware - when?

Posted Oct 01, 2018 09:35 AM

Hello,

Even just a cursory look at Comware 7 web interface shows how much more advanced it is.

Comware7-1.PNGComware7-2.PNGComware7-3.PNG

I don't think one can even change port speed manually on ArubaOS without switching to old version of web interface. This would be the first thing I would like to see corrected as it's often needed when troubleshooting connectivity issues.

• 4.  RE: ArubaOS web interface feature parity with Comware - when?

MVP GURU
    Posted Oct 01, 2018 09:37 AM

use API ? :D

• 5.  RE: ArubaOS web interface feature parity with Comware - when?

Posted Oct 01, 2018 09:41 AM

@alagoutte wrote:

use API ? :D

I could also use the CLI but it does not chage the fact that Comware 7 interface is much better than ArubaOS, and thus better to use when it's needed. So it would be nice if Aruba could catch up with Comware regardelss of there being CLI and API's.

I think it's a fair request considering that ArubaOS/Provision is replacing Comware on access and mid-level core.

• 6.  RE: ArubaOS web interface feature parity with Comware - when?

MVP GURU
    Posted Oct 01, 2018 10:09 AM

@mechanicalthinker wrote: I don't think one can even change port speed manually on ArubaOS without switching to old version of web interface.

Well...for any given Interface - on the ArubaOS-Switch's Next Generation GUI - you can at least change port Flow Control and port Status.

No game, CLI wins...and it's faster. 8-).

• 7.  RE: ArubaOS web interface feature parity with Comware - when?

Posted Oct 01, 2018 10:44 AM

Switching to CLI on my mobile in the field is definitely not faster :)

• 8.  RE: ArubaOS web interface feature parity with Comware - when?

MVP GURU
    Posted Oct 01, 2018 10:46 AM

@mechanicalthinker wrote:

Use Aruba Central !

• 9.  RE: ArubaOS web interface feature parity with Comware - when?

Posted Oct 01, 2018 10:50 AM

@alagoutte wrote:

@mechanicalthinker wrote:

Use Aruba Central !

Thanks for the suggestion, we use it for wireless. But as long as half of our infrastructure is running on Comware 7 there's just no point to manage wired through it. If it supported Comware also it would make sense to pay money for managing everything in one place.