Wired Intelligent Edge (Campus Switching and Routing)

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor II

Automatic VLAN Configuration (Switch Uplinks)

Hi,

i'm currently installing my first ClearPass + AirWave appliances. The basic features like Templates, 802.1X and MAC authentication work fine. 

I'm searching for a solution to autoconfigure my "uplink ports" between the switches. We Are using 2530-48G and 2530-8G switches. We are using some VLANs like Client, Printer, MGMT, .... and im looking for a way that these VLANs automaticly are configured as "tagged" and the default MGMT Vlan as "untagged" if a new switch is connected. 

All Switches are preconfigured with Airwave Templates.

I hope someone can help me :-)

Thank you

greetings Pierre

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Automatic VLAN Configuration (Switch Uplinks)

Hi,

as we do use 2530 Switches with working untagged and tagged VLAN config viy ClearPass you may want to check out the post from Herman in the following thread:

https://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Security/Egress-VLANID/m-p/76850

Hope it helps

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Hi,

yes it works with the VLAN-Name :-)

Thank you

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
MVP Expert

Greetings!

Since you're already using Airwave templates, the best solution would be to use zero-touch provisioning (ZTP) to push the appropriate VLAN configuration to the device as part of your template. There are additional options, such as MVRP or GVRP that would permit the switch to 'learn' VLANs advertised by an upstream device, but those require manual configuration of the switch to enable and configure them during deployment. If you'd like to investigate those, refer to chapters 3 and 4 of the Advanced Traffic Management Guide

Matt Fern
Senior Technical Marketing Engineer, Aruba Switching

Aruba, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise company

8000 FOOTHILLS BLVD  |  ROSEVILLE, CA 95747
T: 916.540.1759  |  E: mfern@hpe.com   |   Matt @ Twitter
Highlighted

Hi Matthew,

thank you for the feedback. Im already provision the Switches with ztp and the template include the VLANs

My goal is not to configure anything manual and to have everything configured automatically when connecting. I have currently manged a workaround that it runs partially with a MAC and 802.1X Authorization on every Port of the Switch.

I have only the problem that I can not transfer "tagged VLANs" over the clearpass to the switch only "untagged" is possible. I am trying with HPE-Egress-VLAN-ID and the switch models are 2530 ... if it's right, this model doenst support RFC 4675 ... so i need a alternative way to tagg the VLANs for this type of devices.

Maybe there is a Solution ?

Thank you so far

greetings Pierre

Highlighted
MVP Guru Elite

@VotavaKPC wrote:

Hi Matthew,

thank you for the feedback. Im already provision the Switches with ztp and the template include the VLANs

My goal is not to configure anything manual and to have everything configured automatically when connecting. I have currently manged a workaround that it runs partially with a MAC and 802.1X Authorization on every Port of the Switch.

I have only the problem that I can not transfer "tagged VLANs" over the clearpass to the switch only "untagged" is possible. I am trying with HPE-Egress-VLAN-ID and the switch models are 2530 ... if it's right, this model doenst support RFC 4675 ... so i need a alternative way to tagg the VLANs for this type of devices.

Maybe there is a Solution ?

Thank you so far

greetings Pierre

can you try with attribut Tunnel-Private-Group-Id

with synthaxe <vlan number>t for tagged et <vlan number>u for untagged vlans.

PowerArubaSW: Powershell Module to use Aruba Switch API for Vlan, VlanPorts, LACP, LLDP... More info

PowerArubaCP: Powershell Module to use ClearPass API (create NAD, Guest...) More info

PowerArubaCX: Powershell Module to use ArubaCX API (get interface/vlan/ports info)

PowerArubaIAP: Powershell Module to use Aruba Instant AP

PowerArubaMC: Powershell Module to use Mobility Controller / Master

ACMP 6.4 / ACMX #107 / ACCP 6.5 / ACSP
Highlighted

Hey, thanks for your reply :-)

I'ts not working - attached the config and a switch output

Highlighted
MVP Guru Elite

Only one Tunnel-Group-ID entry

PowerArubaSW: Powershell Module to use Aruba Switch API for Vlan, VlanPorts, LACP, LLDP... More info

PowerArubaCP: Powershell Module to use ClearPass API (create NAD, Guest...) More info

PowerArubaCX: Powershell Module to use ArubaCX API (get interface/vlan/ports info)

Highlighted

syntax as below ?

Radius:IETFTunnel-Private-Group-Id=<11>t <1>u

same output on the switch

In the ClearPass Access Tracker there is following error for the connect:

Termination Cause:
NAS-Error

thanks 

Highlighted
MVP Guru Elite

You don't need to set < > it is for example ;-)

Highlighted

Oh, okay :-)

Radius:IETFTunnel-Private-Group-Id=1u11t

same output on the switch - below radius repsonse on clearpass access tracker:

Radius:IETF:Tunnel-Private-Group-Id1u11t
Highlighted
MVP Guru Elite

working ?

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: