Wired Intelligent Edge (Campus Switching and Routing)

New Contributor

Automatic config downloads

Hi,

We're currently deploying Aruba 2930F switches in our access network in replacement of our old Ciscos.

We have an automated procedure to grab configuration off all network devices, compare them withj yesterday's versions and send the diffs to relevant people. This is done over SSH with public-key authentication to avoid using passwords.

Problem is, ArubaOS doesn't support public-key authentication when AAA is configured for TACACS, which we need to be able to login.

Anybody here doing something similar and wanting to share? I know we can do this with Airwave, but we're not sure we're going to use that platform at the moment (being quite new to the Aruba series of products).

Lars

MVP Expert

Re: Automatic config downloads

@ljorg wrote:

Hi,

We're currently deploying Aruba 2930F switches in our access network in replacement of our old Ciscos.

We have an automated procedure to grab configuration off all network devices, compare them withj yesterday's versions and send the diffs to relevant people. This is done over SSH with public-key authentication to avoid using passwords.

Problem is, ArubaOS doesn't support public-key authentication when AAA is configured for TACACS, which we need to be able to login.,

Anybody here doing something similar and wanting to share? I know we can do this with Airwave, but we're not sure we're going to use that platform at the moment (being quite new to the Aruba series of products).

Lars

About public-key and AAA, what firmware do you using ? there is some change with last 16.08 about this

Do you have look to use API (and not SSH ?)

PowerArubaSW: Powershell Module to use Aruba Switch API for Vlan, VlanPorts, LACP, LLDP... More info

PowerArubaCP: Powershell Module to use ClearPass API (create NAD, Guest...) More info

PowerArubaCX: Powershell Module to use ArubaCX API (get interface/vlan/ports info)

PowerArubaIAP: Powershell Module to use Aruba Instant AP

ACMP 6.4 / ACMX #107 / ACCP 6.5
New Contributor

@alagoutte wrote:

About public-key and AAA, what firmware do you using ? there is some change with last 16.08 about this

Do you have look to use API (and not SSH

We're on 16.08. Nothing's changed.

Right now I have a workaround using sshpass on the Linux side (the config collector). Not too pretty, but it works and I have authenticated and encrypted transfers of config files.

Haven't looked at the APIs. Is there a manual for those?

Lars

MVP Expert

@ljorg wrote:

@alagoutte wrote:

Do you have look to use API (and not SSH

We're on 16.08. Nothing's changed.

Right now I have a workaround using sshpass on the Linux side (the config collector). Not too pretty, but it works and I have authenticated and encrypted transfers of config files.

Haven't looked at the APIs. Is there a manual for those?

Lars

there is a API guide on HPE support website..

PowerArubaSW: Powershell Module to use Aruba Switch API for Vlan, VlanPorts, LACP, LLDP... More info

PowerArubaCP: Powershell Module to use ClearPass API (create NAD, Guest...) More info

PowerArubaCX: Powershell Module to use ArubaCX API (get interface/vlan/ports info)

PowerArubaIAP: Powershell Module to use Aruba Instant AP

ACMP 6.4 / ACMX #107 / ACCP 6.5
MVP Expert

The REST API Guide for 16.08 is available in PDF and HTML formats on the Networking Information Library

Matt Fern
Technical Marketing Engineer, Wired Intelligent Edge

Aruba, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise company

8000 FOOTHILLS BLVD  |  ROSEVILLE, CA 95747
T: 916.540.1759  |  E: mfern@hpe.com   |   Matt @ Twitter
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: