Wired Intelligent Edge

last person joined: yesterday 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

CLI Reference Guide for ArubaOS-CX, ArubaOS-Switch, Comware and Cisco IOS has been published

This thread has been viewed 92 times
  • 1.  CLI Reference Guide for ArubaOS-CX, ArubaOS-Switch, Comware and Cisco IOS has been published

MVP GURU
    Posted Dec 02, 2018 10:31 AM

The so much awaited CLI Reference Guide for ArubaOS-CX, ArubaOS-Switch, Comware and Cisco IOS (Revision 4, November 2018) has finally been published.

Aruba designed the CLI Reference Guide for ArubaOS-CX, ArubaOS-Switch, Comware and Cisco IOS to help Hewlett Packard Enterprise partners and customers who:

• Manage multi-vendor networks that include HPE/Aruba and Cisco core and aggregation switches
    • Have experience deploying Cisco switches and are now deploying HPE/Aruba switches

This guide compares many of the common commands in four switch operating systems:

• ArubaOS-CX
    • ArubaOS-Switch
    • HPE Comware version 7
    • Cisco IOS

• 2.  RE: CLI Reference Guide for ArubaOS-CX, ArubaOS-Switch, Comware and Cisco IOS has been published

MVP GURU
    Posted Jan 27, 2019 01:40 PM

Pay attention: now the link provided in my original post above is linking to newest and latest 5th Edition (published on January 2019) of the same guide (while, at time of my original post, the PDF was emr_na-c04793912-5.pdf)...there is an evident difference on the PDF...no more Comware so the title is now just CLI Reference Guide for ArubaOS-CX, ArubaOS-Switch and Cisco IOS (emr_na-c04793912-6.pdf or simply emr_na-c04793912).

• 3.  RE: CLI Reference Guide for ArubaOS-CX, ArubaOS-Switch, Comware and Cisco IOS has been published

MVP GURU
    Posted Jan 27, 2019 02:52 PM

@parnassus wrote:

Pay attention: now the links provided in my original post above links to latest 5th Edition (January 2019) of the same guide (at time of the post the PDF was emr_na-c04793912-5.pdf)...there is an evident difference...no more Comware so the title is now just CLI Reference Guide for ArubaOS-CX, ArubaOS-Switch and Cisco IOS (emr_na-c04793912-6.pdf).

Bad news to remove Comware :(

• 4.  RE: CLI Reference Guide for ArubaOS-CX, ArubaOS-Switch, Comware and Cisco IOS has been published

MVP GURU
    Posted Jan 27, 2019 05:15 PM
    That's just one step in a process already started (nobody will officially tell things are going this way but it's so evident)...look at HPE Altoline too (disappeared from HPE Web Site...will Arista be next?).

• 5.  RE: CLI Reference Guide for ArubaOS-CX, ArubaOS-Switch, Comware and Cisco IOS has been published

Posted Oct 25, 2019 12:56 PM

So what's the next step?

Should one keep on using/learning Comware commands on Provision/ArubaOS systems of keep it to the native commands?

https://lkhill.com/hp-comware-vs-procurve-reading-the-tea-leaves/

This website was speculating about Comware is the future .. but today more questions rise.

What to advise?

Use native commands on ArubaOS/Provision devices over Comware?

As far as Comware itself and HPE;

https://www.reddit.com/r/networking/comments/90nw6e/will_hpe_drop_comware_h3c_based_switches/

https://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Wired-Intelligent-Edge-Campus/What-is-the-future-of-HP-Comware-A-Series-H3C-based-Switches/td-p/245621

It seems HPE is moving to ArubaOS/CX and minimises the usage of Comware?

Sorry if this is the wrong topic but I'm just interested in the furure (and to learn what commands for mainly HPE switching usage)

• 6.  RE: CLI Reference Guide for ArubaOS-CX, ArubaOS-Switch, Comware and Cisco IOS has been published

MVP GURU
    Posted Oct 25, 2019 09:46 PM

Greetings! Your questions definitely deserve a dedicated thread.

IMHO your question should not be releated to Commands (CLI Grammar) but it should be focused on product lines' future (HPE FlexFabrix ones versus Aruba ones). Who will survive? Where deployed? How long current HPE FlexFabric (Comware 7 based) switches series will survive since Aruba took control over DC product lines one year ago?

Actually Campus domain (and with latest additions of Aruba CX 6300 and 6400 Switch series this message was energized) - when Aruba is deployed, could be a complete Aruba affair wired&wireless...indeed it now covers Campus Access and Campus Core...and it does that with a single totally new ArubaOS-CX NOS approach.

DC is still another territory...(sadly) a different story...with other time spans...still DC - where HPE is deployed over other vendors - is a HPE FlexFabric platforms domain.

• 7.  RE: CLI Reference Guide for ArubaOS-CX, ArubaOS-Switch, Comware and Cisco IOS has been published

Posted Oct 26, 2019 01:29 PM

Parnassus,

As always, thanks for the forumcontributions ...

I did check the HPE Portfolio and indeed;

FlexFabric and Aruba switches are the productlines offered.

I just got hold of an retired HPE E3500yl switch to learn the CLI commands, but wandered what style to adopt (Comware or Provision/ArubaOS)

I guess in my league (smaller companies) the ArubaOS commands will be usefull to get used to.

Well see what the future brings.. my guess is HPE wants ArubaOS in all products eventually because it controls all development and to have the last say in the roadmap but isn't there yet in the DC league.

Still learning! :)

• 8.  RE: CLI Reference Guide for ArubaOS-CX, ArubaOS-Switch, Comware and Cisco IOS has been published

Posted 30 days ago

How can I find the older version, since you state you replaced the original link? Have a customer running H3C Comware and moving to CX and would like to understand commands across at least Comware and ArubaOS or Cisco so I have an idea of rough translation to CX while migrating. Been trying to use Google and no luck without using sketchy sites.

• 9.  RE: CLI Reference Guide for ArubaOS-CX, ArubaOS-Switch, Comware and Cisco IOS has been published

MVP GURU
    Posted 29 days ago
      |   view attached

Hi, enjoy! I was able to found the Revision 4 published on November 2018, I believe it was the latest edition published by HPE Aruba with the Comware OS still present since in the Revision 5 it was removed.