03-20-2018 07:54 PM
I have a switched network which consists of a core switch 3810M and some access switches 2930F:
InterVLAN routing has been configured in the core switch and is working properly:
- I can ping from devices in one VLAN to devices in another VLAN (e.g. from 172.16.10.5 to 172.16.20.8).
- I can ping from devices in one VLAN to all the VLAN interfaces configured on the core switch (e.g. from 172.16.10.5 to 172.16.10.1, 172.16.20.1, 172.16.30.1, etc.).
- I can ping from devices in one VLAN to the management IPs configured on the APs and other devices (e.g. from 172.16.20.8 to 172.16.100.30, 172.16.100.70, etc.).
- And I can ping from devices in one VLAN to the management VLAN interface configured on the core switch (e.g. from 172.16.30.9 to 172.16.100.1)..
- However, the problem is I cannot ping from devices in one VLAN to the management VLAN interfaces configured on the access switches (e.g. from 172.16.10.5 to 172.16.100.10-13).
If I want to manage the access switches I cannot telnet directly to them, but I have to telnet to the core switch and then telnet to the access switch from it.
If I do a traceroute the trace stops at the VLAN interface of the device I am pinging from, so it stops at the core switch. What could be the problem? Any idea?
Solved! Go to Solution.
03-21-2018 06:41 AM
Easy problem, I only missed command "ip default-gateway" on the access switches pointing to the core switch. Once configured, I can reach all the access switches.