Wired Intelligent Edge

last person joined: yesterday 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

Can't remove the command "spanning-tree priority 0 force-version rstp-operation"

This thread has been viewed 5 times
  • 1.  Can't remove the command "spanning-tree priority 0 force-version rstp-operation"

Posted Jun 28, 2019 03:53 PM

I am trying to remove this command  from a 2930. When I do so, it says:

Switch(config)# no spanning-tree priority 0 force-version rstp-operation
    Module not present for port or invalid port: priority

I've been able to remove all other spanning-tree commands, this is the only one I cannot. Any ideas will be most appreciated. Thanks.

• 2.  RE: Can't remove the command "spanning-tree priority 0 force-version rstp-operation"

MVP GURU
    Posted Jun 29, 2019 07:33 AM

Simply a no spanning-tree?

• 3.  RE: Can't remove the command "spanning-tree priority 0 force-version rstp-operation"

Posted Jun 30, 2019 11:25 PM

No, that simply removes the "spanning-tree" command. You'll still see "spanning-tree priority 0 force-version rstp-operation" in the config.

• 4.  RE: Can't remove the command "spanning-tree priority 0 force-version rstp-operation"
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 01, 2019 12:47 AM

Hi,

that are two commands in one....

try

spanning-tree priority 8

which is the default

and

spanning-tree force-version mstp

which is also the default

hth

Alex

• 5.  RE: Can't remove the command "spanning-tree priority 0 force-version rstp-operation"
    Best Answer

MVP GURU
    Posted Jul 01, 2019 01:38 AM
    Yes, if you (re)set spanning tree related options to their default values (priority = 8 and mode of operation = mstp) then the row initially highlighted in the config will disappear but doing so will not disable spanning-tree...so if you want to just go to default (mstp enabled) do those two separated defaulting commands...if you, instead, want to disable spanning tree go to no spanning-tree...and it will leave (unproductive) that row in the running configuration.

• 6.  RE: Can't remove the command "spanning-tree priority 0 force-version rstp-operation"

Posted Jul 03, 2019 06:06 PM

Yes this worked, thank you!