Wired Intelligent Edge

last person joined: yesterday 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

Changing AP wired port profile in AP group

This thread has been viewed 8 times
  • 1.  Changing AP wired port profile in AP group

Posted Mar 27, 2019 01:34 PM

Hi community,

For my RAP solution, I am trying to configure a new AP group where the RAP E1-E3 ports are shutdown when the workstations don't meet some requeriments (I am working with a 3rd party NAC). I create the new AP group, and then change the E1 AP wired port profile:

shutdown.png

Then, when submitting I get the following message:

error.png

And I can't have an AP group with the E1-E3 ports shutdown. How can I configure this? Please your help.

Regards,

Julián

• 2.  RE: Changing AP wired port profile in AP group

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 27, 2019 02:16 PM

What version of AOS? 

• 3.  RE: Changing AP wired port profile in AP group

Posted Mar 27, 2019 03:15 PM

Hi,

It is ArubaOS 8.4.0.0. The message says "Predefined AP wired port profile "shutdown" is not editable", but I don't want to edit such profile, just to create an AP group where ports E1-E3 are in the AP wired port profile "shutdown".

Regards,

Julián

• 4.  RE: Changing AP wired port profile in AP group

Posted Mar 29, 2019 10:01 AM

Hi everyone,

No ideas?

Regards,

Julián

• 5.  RE: Changing AP wired port profile in AP group

Posted Mar 30, 2019 07:29 PM

You can modifiy default profiles like shutdown, just edit whatever you want in then hit submit as and chose a name. This will create new profile and you can use it.  

• 6.  RE: Changing AP wired port profile in AP group

Posted Mar 30, 2019 07:45 PM
    Hi Zaid L,

Yeah, you are correct, but I don't want to edit the shutdown profile, just to create an AP group where ports E1-E3 are in the AP wired port profile "shutdown".

Regards,
    Julián

• 7.  RE: Changing AP wired port profile in AP group

Posted Mar 13, 2020 05:17 AM

Hi

I have the exact same problem. I'm on AOS 8.6.0.0 and this is the first time I ever seen this.

Why is this issue not addressed ?

How did you resolved this?

• 8.  RE: Changing AP wired port profile in AP group

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 13, 2020 07:46 AM

There are some default profiles that you cannot edit.  Create your own profiles.

• 9.  RE: Changing AP wired port profile in AP group

Posted Mar 13, 2020 08:27 AM

Editing is not the issue here.

When you choose the "shutdown" profile and hit submit the error come up. there have been no editing of the profile what so ever and many other groups are using this "shutdown" for there ap wired port profile.