Wired Intelligent Edge (Campus Switching and Routing)

Occasional Contributor II

Config for 5400 series with NAC

Hi all,

I have some 5400 switches I’m going to use with certificate based NAC. I believe there is a procedure to link the switch with Clearpass and then configure to check for a certificate when a port is activated / plugged into?

So do you just need to give the switch a valid certificate from your CA? Can it contain multiple certificates from different CAs?

Any good links to help config this from Clearpass / switch end?

Thanks
Guru Elite

Re: Config for 5400 series with NAC

Take a look at the ClearPass Solution Guide for Wired Policy Enforcement.

| Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security | @timcappalli | timcappalli.me |

NOTE: Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
Highlighted

Thanks Tim,

Just at a high level for my understanding:

Clearpass - switch is added as a device within here and a policy ready for user upon successful 802.1x authentication?

On the switch - valid certificate from our CA and some config to perform checks for each port?

Can I disable the checks on certain ports?
Can I have multiple certificates on my switch to account for people with different CA certs?

Thanks
Guru Elite

The switch is not involved in the EAP transaction beyond encapsulating it into a RADIUS request.

| Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security | @timcappalli | timcappalli.me |

NOTE: Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.

Thanks Tim
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: