Wired Intelligent Edge

last person joined: yesterday 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

Configuring DHCP Server and DHCP Relay in ArubaOS-Switch

This thread has been viewed 66 times
  • 1.  Configuring DHCP Server and DHCP Relay in ArubaOS-Switch

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 10, 2018 09:35 PM
      |   view attached

Hello All,

Attached guide provides in-depth understanding about DHCP Server and DHCP Relay Implementation in ArubaOS-Switch with configuration examples.

For more information about DHCP Relay, please, visit the following link: http://h22208.www2.hpe.com/eginfolib/networking/docs/switches/RA/15-18/5998-8165_ra_2620_mrg/content/ch03s09.html

Thank You,

Attachment(s)

pdf
    DHCP_config_PP.pdf   1.16 MB 1 version

• 2.  RE: Configuring DHCP Server and DHCP Relay in ArubaOS-Switch

Posted Nov 06, 2018 05:06 PM

Hi Priyank,

thank you for the complete information.

One thing is missing for me : "How is the source address choosen?"

The szenario is that you have multiple IP adresses in one VLAN of the routing switch and want to move from a local DHCP server to a central one with DHCP Relay. And for only one address range you provide the addresses via DHCP.

Is there a command to see the "primary" address of the VLAN and one to set one address as the primary address?

I know at least two szenarios where I came across this issue.

Regards,

Hendrik

• 3.  RE: Configuring DHCP Server and DHCP Relay in ArubaOS-Switch

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 14, 2018 07:25 AM

I have DHCP configured on a linux server and the core switch which has layer 3 interfaces have the the ip helper-addresses configured pointing to the Linux DHCP server..do i still need "dhcp-relay" command on the switch for DHCP to work?

Please clarify

• 4.  RE: Configuring DHCP Server and DHCP Relay in ArubaOS-Switch

Posted Jan 19, 2019 09:02 AM

Hi Priyank,

Our company recently purchased several Aruba 2930F switches and would like to utilize them in our five offices which are each in a differnet city. We want to configure the switches to use DHCP to provide IP addresses on each of our five different subnets. We currently use Windows Server 2008 DHCP service to provide the addresses.

Windows DHCP servers also have to be authorized on the domain. How is this accomplished at the command line for the 2930F.

Also, if there a prescribed order that the commands need to be entered.

The Windows DHCP servers provide the following information to our clients.

IP address assignment from a defined range of addresses in our DHCP pool

Lease duration when lease is granted   Ex. 8 days

Default router address

IP Address of DNS servers

DNS domain name 

Lease reservations for some devices

Could you please explain how this same configuration would be applied from the 2930F command line as these configuration options are not provided in the web based GUI.

Thank you for any assistance/guidance you may be able to provide.