Connectivity Mystery for a School
09-26-2018 05:11 AM
May I ask for another pair of eyes on the attached log? I have two Aruba S3500 switch stacks (one in the main school building and the other being the core in the datacenter) connected via a two port fiber portchannel. For about 5 minutes all network connectivity went down from the school building to the datacenter. Here is what I know:
- The web UI does not show a restart for both stacks
- All fiber jumber cables in use are new
- The core switch stack only shows a "DOWN" alert in the logs
The attached text file is a portion of the logs from the main switch stack in the school building. Two questions:
- Did that stack reset (it almost seems like that)
- What is the "DEL MSTI State" for the interfaces?
Thank you very much for your time! This school is housed in some old buildings, so it is always an adventure when implementing and maintaining datacom technology!