Wired Intelligent Edge

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

Convert Stacking port on s2500 to ethernet

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  Convert Stacking port on s2500 to ethernet

Posted Mar 15, 2014 11:53 AM

Can anyone show how to convert a gigabitethernet 0/1/2 from a stacking port to a switchport? I can't find it anywhere.

• 2.  RE: Convert Stacking port on s2500 to ethernet
    Best Answer

• 3.  RE: Convert Stacking port on s2500 to ethernet

Posted Mar 16, 2014 08:54 PM

Awesome Joseph! 

Good Info..

• 4.  RE: Convert Stacking port on s2500 to ethernet

Posted Sep 16, 2018 04:28 AM

Now, what do I need to do to make these ports able to direct connect to a computer? 

• 5.  RE: Convert Stacking port on s2500 to ethernet

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 16, 2018 05:34 PM

@Chris Moore 2 wrote:

Now, what do I need to do to make these ports able to direct connect to a computer? 

Did you follow the procedure above? What is the behavior you see when connecting a computer?

• 6.  RE: Convert Stacking port on s2500 to ethernet

Posted Sep 17, 2018 01:31 AM

I can connect another switch to the port and it links but when I connect a computer to the port, with a DAC, it doesn not behave as if there has been a connection at all. 

• 7.  RE: Convert Stacking port on s2500 to ethernet

Posted Feb 01, 2019 12:54 AM

resurrecting an old post, but i'm having the same issue with one of my S2500-24P-US, fitted with a FiberStore 10GBase-T SFP+ transceiver. successfully deleted stacking so all 4 SFP+ slots are access/ethernet ports and computer shows something connected but won't pull an IP from DHCP, and even if manually addressed - no connectivity. Any thoughts/help would be most appreciated!

• 8.  RE: Convert Stacking port on s2500 to ethernet

Posted Feb 01, 2019 10:58 AM
    If I recall correctly, I had to power cycle my switch before it started
    working properly.