Wired Intelligent Edge

last person joined: 14 hours ago 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

Create a testing environment

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Create a testing environment

Posted May 26, 2017 06:39 AM

Hi all,

I posted previously and got a really helpful answer in moving my  "router on a stick" to using the HP Aruba Switch for routing. The customer wishes to proceed with this and so I'd like to get everything working in a software lab first.

Hardware: HP Switch 5412zl (J8698A)

Version: K.15.17.0012, ROM K.15.30

The other switches can be generic as they are only going to operate on L2.

Can I download a simulator of this switch for testing? I've installed HCL onto a test environment but can't find where to download specific devices. Any help would be massively appreciated.

Thanks,

Phil

• 2.  RE: Create a testing environment
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 28, 2017 05:32 PM

Hi Phil, The 5412 or similar switches don't have simulator support. HCL is is for all Comware based switches. Hope this helps!!!

• 3.  RE: Create a testing environment

Posted May 28, 2017 05:47 PM

Thanks Dobias,

It certainly helps in that I can't pre-test my setup. Any ideas what I might be able to do rather than just implement the changes to a production environment?

• 4.  RE: Create a testing environment

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 29, 2017 03:07 AM

Do you have contacts with an Aruba SE? They can probably get you some temporary switches.