Wired Intelligent Edge (Campus Switching and Routing)

Highlighted
Contributor I

DHCP issue

Hi,

I have a switch 2530-24G which is not functioning as needed. I have a DHCP server (win2012r2) which is working good with other switches (clients that are connected on that switch do get IP addresses) but it not working with the clients that are connected on this switch I am writing about. Is just have configured the vlan which the clients will be connected to and the tagged port on the switch for the vlan. I do have to mention that the relay address is configured on the firewall and the scope which is configured for this vlan is actually working on other switches. So im more looking if there is something that needs to be done on the switch itself, I mean maybe something that tells the switch to forward dhcp request!

BR

MVP
MVP

Re: DHCP issue

Is your vlan configured on your 2530 switch configured on the same vlan as where your ip-helper on your firewall is?

Could you share some config details?

Kind Regards Marcel Koedijk
HPE ASE Flexnetwork | ACMP | ACCP | Ekahau ECSE Design - Was this post usefull, Kudos are welcome.
Contributor I

Just found out the problem. The new switch which was recently set up was connected to another switch via fiber and the port which it was connected on the other side was not tagged. Thank you for your fast reply. 

MVP
MVP

it is my pleasure to help you
Kind Regards Marcel Koedijk
HPE ASE Flexnetwork | ACMP | ACCP | Ekahau ECSE Design - Was this post usefull, Kudos are welcome.
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: