Wired Intelligent Edge (Campus Switching and Routing)

DSCP to COS map

Hi community,

Is there a way to map DCSP values to CoS values and vice versa using ArubaOS-CX 10.01?

As far as I know, Cisco has the following commands to do this:

mls qos map dscp-cos
   mls qos map cos-dscp

Does anybody know similar commands for ArubaOS-CX?

Thanks in advance

PS: If you feel this information is useful and solved your question or problem, please do not forget to mark it as a solution and give me some kudos.

Re: DSCP to COS map

Hi,

If you are in the configuration mode you can use the following commands:

- qos cos-map

- qos dscp-map

In order to verify the configuration you can use the following commands:

- show qos cos-map

- show qos dscp-map

Hope this is information you are looking for!!

Regards, dobias

Hi Dobias,

Thanks for your answer.

I have checked those commands, and each of them maps the "CoS code points" to local priority values in the switch, or maps the "DSCP code points" to the same local priority values in the switch.

Let me understand ... to do what I am asking, you have to map the 7 CoS values to the 7 local priority values using command "qos cos-map", and then, you have to map the 64 DSCP values to the 7 local priority values using command "qos dscp-map". Using both commands, you can translate CoS values to DSCP values in an equivalent way, right?

Regards

PS: If you feel this information is useful and solved your question or problem, please do not forget to mark it as a solution and give me some kudos.

ahh okay see what you are trying to achieve. Let me double check for you since I'm not 100% sure if you achieve your goal if you map to local and than trust for example. 

OK Dobias,

What I am trying to do is something similar to the Cisco commands I have mentioned. One command translates CoS values directly to DSCP values and the other translates DSCP values directly to CoS values.

You can see an example in the following link:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/ios/qos/command/reference/qos_book/qos_m2.html

Thanks in advance

Hi Dobias.
Did you double check this?

Regards

Hi Dobias,

I wonder if you could check if it is possible to do the mapping from DSCP to CoS and vice versa.

Please let me know the results of your test, I would really appreciate it.

Regards

Highlighted
Contributor I

i found this thread in the old HP forum

i guess it is that you are looking for...

https://community.hpe.com/t5/Aruba-ProVision-based/change-qos-queue-priority-802-1p-in-2930F/td-p/6935738#.XFzPO1xKjIU

Contributor I

Hi N3tw0rk3r,

to translate from DSCP to CoS you should use the qos dscp-map as it was already mentioned.

To translate from CoS to DSCP you should use a policy with classes and apply that policy to the interface or vlan (vlan policy application is supported on version 10.02.0010) you want.

First you should create a class like this:

class ip match-udp-hosts

10 match udp 10.10.10.10 10.20.30.40

Then a policy that applies the DSCP you want:

policy policy-apply-EF

10 class ip match-udp-hosts action dscp EF

And finally apply that policy to the interface/vlan you want.

interface 1/1/1

apply policy policy-apply-EF in

Hope this helps!

Aarón

Contributor I

Hi Aaron

i am wonder exactly how to do this for SIP traffic. I have an IVR application that needed to mark the voice traffic with EF before it transverse an MPLS network to reach some MG in other sites.

The application does not have DSCP or CoS support.

so, taking your example, i supose i could change this command

class ip match-udp-hosts

10 match udp 10.10.10.10 10.20.30.40

to a command

class ip match-udp-hosts

10 match udp port??? 5060 <--- cant figure out the correct command

and then apply the same policy in every interface that has an IVR server

policy policy-apply-EF

10 class ip match-udp-hosts action dscp EF

interface 1/1/1

apply policy policy-apply-EF in

could you help me? i dont have a switch to test. the presales guy proposed an 2930 Switch but i am not shure if this model can do it.

the manual is not very useful without one switch to test.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: