Wired Intelligent Edge

last person joined: 20 hours ago 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

Default Switchport Config on Aruba

This thread has been viewed 8 times
  • 1.  Default Switchport Config on Aruba

Posted Mar 25, 2019 12:26 PM

Hi All,

First post so please be gentle! My company is moving from Cisco to Aruba switches, for the last few years i've been very comfortable with Cisco IOS but have had the opportunity to also use HP ProCurve switches. Am familiar with most things but one thing I cannot find is an equivalent to default an Aruba switchport configuration.

We are using Aruba JL558A 2930F-48G-740W-PoE+-4SFP+ Switches running Software revision : WC.16.05.0007

In Cisco IOS the commands would be

conf t

default int gi1/0/X

I've googled and seen a bunch of responses including various "no" and "default" commands, none seem to work on the model of switch we are moving to. 

Can anyone advise?

All the best

TBB

• 2.  RE: Default Switchport Config on Aruba

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 25, 2019 12:35 PM

Hi TBB, 

We don't currently have the capability to default an interface.

There was an earlier thread a few weeks ago on this with the workaround:

https://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Wired-Intelligent-Edge-Campus/How-to-put-in-default-mode-an-interface/m-p/513473#M5316

Thanks, 

Justin

• 3.  RE: Default Switchport Config on Aruba

Posted Mar 25, 2019 12:48 PM

Hi,

It was the no cmd for "aaa port-access authenticator" which is what I wanted to do on these ports, I must have missed this part at the bottom of that thread. I can remove other portions of the switchport config but the "aaa" portions didn't want to go.

Thanks for the heads up, I guess this is going to be a steeper learning curve than I anticipated.

All the best

TBB