Wired Intelligent Edge

last person joined: yesterday 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

Dell PowerConnect switch template

This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  Dell PowerConnect switch template

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 19, 2012 08:28 PM

We are in the planing phase of our Aruba switch deployment, but 90% of our current edge network is a mix of Dell PowerConnect 3524/48 and 6224/48 switches.

Has anyone found an AirWave device template that analyzes the mac-address table? I've been using the generic router/switch template and it seems to only pull in interface status and bandwith.

Thanks!

• 2.  RE: Dell PowerConnect switch template

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 20, 2012 09:00 PM
      |   view attached

Hi

Just  wanted to make sure I understood your question. Are you trying to figure out if AirWave is reading the bridge forwarding table from the Dell switches? We should be doing that by default as long as the poll periods are enabled onteh Group Basic page. The only thing I was not sure is if the Dell switches populate the Q bridge MIB instead of the bridge MIB. I don't think I have any Dell switches in our lab here to test. Can you open a TAC case for this so our engineers can follow up.

Sujatha

Attachment(s)

• 3.  RE: Dell PowerConnect switch template

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 23, 2012 03:44 PM

I'm assuming AirWave uses the mac/bridge address table to detect upstream/downstream devices. The switch is not showing the upstream Cisco core and the access points connected to the Dell are not showing it as their upstream device.

• 4.  RE: Dell PowerConnect switch template

Posted May 19, 2015 05:47 PM

This is an old thread, but I figured I'd post here first before opening a new one.

Is there any way to add Dell PowerConnect switches (we have 5500P series) to Airwave?  We can only seem to be able to add them as universal devices and only getting up/down traffic, but cannot get port information for the APs nor upstream.

I've set up access via SNMP.  If this is possible, what needs to be done,  I imagine, on the Dell switch?

TIA.