Wired Intelligent Edge

last person joined: 15 hours ago 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

Do I need to configure anything when connecting POE+ devices into 2930F?

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Do I need to configure anything when connecting POE+ devices into 2930F?

Posted Dec 01, 2018 09:55 AM

I need to connect Cisco 2802 APs into a 2930F POE+ Switch.

It works out of the box, but wondering if I need to make any adjustments?

These Cisco APs required POE+

Thanks

• 2.  RE: Do I need to configure anything when connecting POE+ devices into 2930F?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 02, 2018 11:39 PM

Hi shadowplay101,

No, the 2930F provides PoE+ out of the box. There is no need for additional configurations. 

Depending on your requirements, you can configure stuff like PoE priority. 

BR

Florian

• 3.  RE: Do I need to configure anything when connecting POE+ devices into 2930F?

Posted Dec 03, 2018 01:41 PM

Thanks

I know LLDP is enabled by default on the switch, but there is a setting called POE+ LLDP-MED, no need to enable this?

Thank you!

• 4.  RE: Do I need to configure anything when connecting POE+ devices into 2930F?
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 03, 2018 02:24 PM

By default power-negotiation is done by the LLDP “Power Via MDI” TLV standardized or better enhanced by IEEE 802.3at-2009 (POE+).

LLDP-MED was standardized by the TIA (ANSI/TIA-1057). It works on POE and POE+. It has it's own “TIA - Extended Power-Via-MDI” TLV but this TLV is disabled by default on ArubaOS-switches and is rarely used in the industry. So better let it disabled.