Wired Intelligent Edge

last person joined: 23 hours ago 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

Finding documentation for ArubaOS-CX switches

This thread has been viewed 17 times
  • 1.  Finding documentation for ArubaOS-CX switches

Posted May 10, 2020 03:26 AM

Besides the documentation portfolio that can be found from ASP, where do I find the 'rest of the documentation'? For example I know there is a VSX Configuration Best Practices guide, but how does one find that by just going to Aruba web site and not just having the direct link?

I know how to find that VSX documentation with Google but makes me wonder what else documents there are that I'm not aware of. And not just ArubaOS-CX but I'm also interested in ArubaOS-S / wireless stuff. Those new remote worker solution docs are one example. They are posted here on the forums but how would I find them by going to www.arubanetworks.com?

• 2.  RE: Finding documentation for ArubaOS-CX switches

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 10, 2020 04:44 AM

Hi,

Did you check Aruba Support Portal https://asp.arubanetworks.com?

You can search there for documents and filter by product series..

• 3.  RE: Finding documentation for ArubaOS-CX switches

Posted May 10, 2020 04:46 AM

I did. VSX technical white paperi is there but "User Roles and User-Based Tunneling - Technical Whitepaper" for ArubaOS-CX is not.

So I'm suspecting that there will be other documents too that are not in ASP

• 4.  RE: Finding documentation for ArubaOS-CX switches

MVP GURU
    Posted May 10, 2020 11:19 AM

Hi!

I think the majority of cited/released documents can be found carefully digging into the support.hpe.com [*] portal and the rest by digging into afp.arubanetworks.com portal (and clearly the usual asp.arubanetworks.com). What I found alarming is that more and more new editions of the most important guides/presentations/technical whitepapers started to exist (just consider how much the VSX features evolved since the AOS-CX 10.1 release...and, after two years, we are normally working with AOX-CX 10.4 devices) and thus it's becoming difficult to stay truly updated (AKA having the most fresh and up-to-date guide to study).

Also the HPE Information Library (Networking)  helps (it's not totally updated - as example latest AOS-CX Release Notes are missing - but, at least, it's quite easy to filter/search/order by switch series, publication type/date and that really helps looking for manuals...or to just have an idea of what there is to better look for).

[*] As example the latest  VSX Configuration Best Practices for Aruba CX 6400, 8320, 8325, 8400 for AOS-CX Version 10.4 Technical Whitepaper (Edition 1.2 March 2020) can be easily found on support.hpe.com.

• 5.  RE: Finding documentation for ArubaOS-CX switches

Posted May 10, 2020 11:25 AM

I can find the VSX documentation from support.hpe.com and from ASP.

But are you able to find that technical whitepaper describing how to use Dynamic Segmentation (UBT) with ArubaOS-CX anywhere? I haven't been able to do so. I mean not a direct link and not a forum post, but a site that would list these.

I'm referring to document that is based on the ArubaOS-S series documentation but has some modifications to suit ArubaOS-CX.

It is titled

"Technical Whitepaper
    User Roles and User-Based Tunneling
    Dynamic Segmentation"

Dated March 2020.

• 6.  RE: Finding documentation for ArubaOS-CX switches

MVP GURU
    Posted May 10, 2020 12:08 PM

• 7.  RE: Finding documentation for ArubaOS-CX switches

Posted May 10, 2020 12:23 PM

Ah! I've been having lot's of issues with ASP as it seems that whenever I log out, I need to reset my password (I'm currently at my 12th reset). It just doesn't accept my password. For the last 10 passwords I've kept them in a notepad file to remember what is was  

I guess I tried to access AFP after my current password "expired" so that it just displayed me the login screen asking whether I am a Aruba partner or an employee. As I'm just a customer, I thought I couldn't log in.

I created a ticket about UBT just a couple hours ago and now it seems with the new password I can access AFP.

I found that UBT White Paper under Products, Solutions & Technology --> Campus Switching --> ArubaOS-CX --> ArubaOS-CX Technologies.

Now I really need to dig in to AFP, as there seems to be some new documentations that I haven't heard about.

Thanks!