Wired Intelligent Edge

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

Firmware upgrade function in web UI for 2930M switches

This thread has been viewed 5 times
  • 1.  Firmware upgrade function in web UI for 2930M switches

Posted Apr 22, 2020 09:58 AM

I notice that in the web UI for 2930M switches there's a discrepancy in some of the available functions, specifically the Firmware Upgrade function. We have a number of 48-port 2930Ms, JL322A - I'm also using a 24-port 2390M, JL320A, in our test lab. The 322A has the Firmware Upgrade option available under System in the web UI; the 320A doesn't. Both 322As and the 320A are running firmware version WC.16.09.0007, so I would expect that the user interface would be the same for both. Is there something I need to enable in the CLI in order to make that web function visible? I've found that firmware upgrades are very quick and easy using the web option.

• 2.  RE: Firmware upgrade function in web UI for 2930M switches
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 23, 2020 03:38 AM

Are you logged on with the same privileges (manager) on both switches?

If you don't enforce authentication, you can be logged in as operator without seeing a login prompt. And there should be an option in the UI to sign in as manager.

Without manager privileges, you won't see the upgrade options.

• 3.  RE: Firmware upgrade function in web UI for 2930M switches

Posted Apr 23, 2020 07:49 AM

Thanks, Herman - that was the issue. When I logged in to the web UI with a manager login, the firmware upgrade option was available.

I appreciate the help and the information/education!