Wired Intelligent Edge (Campus Switching and Routing)

Highlighted
Aruba Employee

First look at the Aruba CX Mobile App

The Aruba CX Mobile App has recently been released to enable low-touch deployment of the 8xxx range of ArubaOS-CX switches. This is facilitated via a Bluetooth USB dongle.

New CX switches such as the 8325 will ship with a dongle in most regions (as always, there is paperwork to do regarding homologation, emissions, etc). New shipments of the 8400 and 8320 may also start getting a dongle.

Bluetooth USB Dongle

If you already have an 8320 or 8400, you can also try it out. The 8xxx switches should work with many variants of bluetooth dongle; YMMV:

• recommended: a model based on the Broadcom BCM20702A0
  • cheapy one from eBay/Amazon/Corner store: the one I bought was based on BCM20702

Setup

Useful commands

show usb
show bluetooth

bluetooth on 8320.png

Use
Now you can launch the app and get stuck in. For a new device, you would deploy a previously created template config.

My switch already has a working config, so I had to log in with the existing credentials. Multiple elements can be configured from the mobile GUI (eg NTP, interfaces), or you can view the CLI directly. I would go and get my laptop rather than use my phone if I wanted to do anything serious at the CLI, but a decent tablet would be OK. The point is, you can do it right there.

CX App - connected and logged in.png

CX App - configure devices.png

CX App - interface config.png

The locator LED (orange, far right) turned on from the app.8320 lasers.jpg

Richard Litchfield, HPE Aruba
Consulting System Engineer
Network Ambassador
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: