Wired Intelligent Edge

last person joined: yesterday 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

How can I config dot1x with wire authentication on Aruba Switch S1500-48P

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  How can I config dot1x with wire authentication on Aruba Switch S1500-48P

Posted Feb 21, 2018 11:19 PM

I have problem on Switch Aruba S1500-48P 

Firmware 7.4.1.5 

Can't config dot1x with wire to authentication

• 2.  RE: How can I config dot1x with wire authentication on Aruba Switch S1500-48P
    Best Answer

• 3.  RE: How can I config dot1x with wire authentication on Aruba Switch S1500-48P

Posted Feb 23, 2018 04:44 AM

Thanks!  Herman Robers 

I read it on ArubaOS 7.2 User guide document told me to generate certification CSR.

I generate some code so I need to copy that code on 

-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE REQUEST-----

My code

-----END CERTIFICATE REQUEST-----

I need to copy this code and send some email to CA?

That all I want to do if I want to configuration dot1x?

• 4.  RE: How can I config dot1x with wire authentication on Aruba Switch S1500-48P

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 26, 2018 07:29 AM

If you are using an external RADIUS server for the 802.1X and no captive portal redirects on the switch, you don't need a certificate on the switch.

For 802.1X you only need a certificate on the switch if you do EAP Termination. Recommended is to use an external RADIUS server for that.