Wired Intelligent Edge (Campus Switching and Routing)

Highlighted
Contributor I

How to check packet per second

Hi, we're planning to implement firewall on our network and need to know how much traffic on our network. We need to make sure that the firewall doesnt too small for our traffic. What is the command to show how many packet per seconds currently running on our network - we're using 5406 as our core here.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor I

Re: How to check packet per second

Hi AthaNz,

you can use "show int port-util" on the 5400 to show per interface load. On specific interfaces, a "sh int <interface>" will also show the load for that interface.

By the way to all the Aruba CX switch gurus out there: Is there an equivalent to "sh int port-util" on CX?? If not i would definitely recommend this being incorporated in one of the upcoming releases.

Cheers Frank.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor I

Hi AthaNz,

you can use "show int port-util" on the 5400 to show per interface load. On specific interfaces, a "sh int <interface>" will also show the load for that interface.

By the way to all the Aruba CX switch gurus out there: Is there an equivalent to "sh int port-util" on CX?? If not i would definitely recommend this being incorporated in one of the upcoming releases.

Cheers Frank.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
MVP Expert

Greetings!

show interface statistics would be the closest AOS-CX equivalent, with the added non-zero option to filter out interfaces that have not received or transmitted any traffic. It does not, however, display the 5-minute weighted average traffic per second like AOS-Switch does.

Matt Fern
Senior Technical Marketing Engineer, Aruba Switching

Aruba, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise company

8000 FOOTHILLS BLVD  |  ROSEVILLE, CA 95747
T: 916.540.1759  |  E: mfern@hpe.com   |   Matt @ Twitter
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: