Wired Intelligent Edge

last person joined: 21 hours ago 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

How to identify hosts on Aruba 2930F

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  How to identify hosts on Aruba 2930F

Posted Oct 24, 2019 03:30 PM

I can identify hosts on a Cisco switch by using 'show mac-address int g1/0/2'
    And then just "show ip arp | include mac-address"

With Aruba,, I have clients that are tunneled back to the controller.
    and I need to know what those hosts are.
    How can I identify those hosts that are tunneled back.

the Controller is only showing me the MAC address of the switch,,, which is only an indication of the number of hosts attached to the switch.

• 2.  RE: How to identify hosts on Aruba 2930F

Posted Dec 24, 2019 03:33 PM

Essentially, what I did was to review the list of "clients" on the monitor tab of the Master Controller.
    From here I can see the IP Address & MAC address & switchport that each host is connected to.
    I have to perform an "NSLookup" on each IP Address to get a Hostname for all hosts attach to tunneled ports.
    I then SSH to the switch & apply a "name" (or port description) to each port.

• 3.  RE: How to identify hosts on Aruba 2930F

MVP GURU
    Posted Dec 27, 2019 04:43 AM

hi,

Why don't use show user-table with CLI on MC ? (you can also use PowerArubaMC module and Show-ArubaMCCmd)