How to upgrade the Aruba S2500 / S3500 Mobility Access Switch using USB drive and LCD panel?
Environment : This article applies to Aruba Mobility Access Switch (MAS) S2500 / S3500.
The MAS image on Aruba S2500 / S3500 Mobility Access Switch can be upgraded by using USB drive and the LCD located at the front panel
1. Create a folder called 'arubaimage' on the USB drive.
2. Copy the new image into the 'arubaimage' folder.
3. Plug in the USB into the S2500/3500. This may take up to 30 seconds to be detected.
4. Press the 'Menu' button several times until you can select 'LCD Menu' and press 'Enter'.
5. Press the 'Menu' button several times until you can select 'Maintenance' and press 'Enter'.
6. Press 'Enter' when selecting 'Upgrade Image'.
7. Select either 'Partition0' or 'Partition1' and press 'Enter'.
8. Press 'Enter' for 'Y'. You should now get a message saying 'Upgrading'. When it is complete, you will then get a message that says 'Reload to boot new image'.
If you get a message saying 'No Image Present', verify that you have loaded the correct image in the 'arubaimage' folder also , not all USB drives are supported. If the USB drive you are using is not Supported , you may still use the CLI method to perform the upgrade