Wired Intelligent Edge

last person joined: yesterday 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

I am locked out of a switch through "ip authorized-managers"

This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  I am locked out of a switch through "ip authorized-managers"

Posted Oct 16, 2019 08:35 PM

Hello,

I was adding the command "ip authorized-managers <ip address> <mask> access manager" to the edge switches of a network in order to prevent access from unauthorized devices.Unfortunately, by mistake, I entered this command to the Core Switch with it's own IP address and now I cannot access the core switch via ssh, telnet or GUI.

Is there a way to access the core switch without a console cable as this switch is in a remote location?

Cheers

Sachith

• 2.  RE: I am locked out of a switch through "ip authorized-managers"

MVP GURU
    Posted Oct 17, 2019 02:26 AM

No...

(may be try to restart the switch if there is no write memory...)

• 3.  RE: I am locked out of a switch through "ip authorized-managers"

Posted Oct 17, 2019 06:40 PM

Unlucky me. I did "wr mem".

• 4.  RE: I am locked out of a switch through "ip authorized-managers"

MVP GURU
    Posted Oct 17, 2019 07:47 PM

Mate, very unlucky...maybe (valid for me too!) next time planning an automatic (stable) configuration rollback via scheduled job just to avoid been kicked off in case of probable misconfiguration (example here)...would be a nice idea if the changes look potentially disruptives (some models provide a preview mode of operation but exiting this mode, once entered, will require a switch reboot...clearly if you have a core that isn't the best way to test a configuration change and revert it back in case of trouble).

• 5.  RE: I am locked out of a switch through "ip authorized-managers"

Posted Oct 17, 2019 07:55 PM

Looks like i have no choice other than get someone to console into it. However thanks for the information about the rollback process. it surely is helpful in future.

• 6.  RE: I am locked out of a switch through "ip authorized-managers"

Posted Oct 18, 2019 11:55 AM

@parnassus wrote:

Mate, very unlucky...maybe (valid for me too!) next time planning an automatic (stable) configuration rollback via scheduled job just to avoid been kicked off in case of probable misconfiguration (example here)...would be a nice idea if the changes look potentially disruptives (some models provide a preview mode of operation but exiting this mode, once entered, will require a switch reboot...clearly if you have a core that isn't the best way to test a configuration change and revert it back in case of trouble).

Is there a similar ROLLBACK feature for AOS-CX ?

Thanks.

• 7.  RE: I am locked out of a switch through "ip authorized-managers"