Wired Intelligent Edge (Campus Switching and Routing)

Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: Inter-connecting 4 x 8320

I too am about to set something up similar to this. I was thinking about using OSPF/ECMP with strict routed ports between the switches. I was going to assign those ports a static IP, add it into OSPF routing, and rely on ECMP to handle the balancing. Which in turn should remove the need for LAGs.. Thoughts?

Highlighted
MVP Guru

If you need same subnet access among the 4 switches you need to carry the associated VLANs between the 2 DCs through the LAG to extend these VLANs.

Highlighted

And should you include or exclude these data vlans from the ISL between the VSX pairs?

- - - - Aruba ACCX #748, ACDX #758, ACMP, ACEAP | HPE Master ASE - - - -
- - - - - - - Feel free to give kudos or accept as a solution! - - - - - - - - -
Highlighted
MVP Guru

They have to be inside ISL.

Highlighted

Thank Vincent, 

We are currently in a support case, where there is some confusion, so to be 100% clear:

1. You need to configure 1 MC-LAG on each VSX?

2. Tag all the data vlan's that cross the DC on both MC-LAG, and on both ISL's?

2019-05-09 13_00_32-EM DJ - Netwerk fk - Visio Professional.jpg

- - - - Aruba ACCX #748, ACDX #758, ACMP, ACEAP | HPE Master ASE - - - -
- - - - - - - Feel free to give kudos or accept as a solution! - - - - - - - - -
Highlighted
MVP Guru

I'm reaching out the support to discuss this further with them.

MVP Guru

Let me follow-up off0line. The topology is valid but the previous one you shared in your email with support is not, so better through email with all the contributors.

Highlighted
MVP Guru

Let me follow-up off-line. The topology is valid but the previous one you shared in your email with support is not, so better through email with all the contributors.

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor II

Could your team update this thread with methodology of how to setup ospf, backup routes, etc... while implementing the DCI - VSX-LAG solution.   This thread made it very clear how to setup Active Gateway but seems to have gone offline when discussing routing.  Thanks

Highlighted
MVP Guru

@nvadekar wrote: Could your team update this thread with methodology of how to setup ospf, backup routes, etc... while implementing the DCI - VSX-LAG solution.

Hi, the original purpose of this thread was not to discuss specifically about OSPF or DCI approaches so I strongly suggest you to open a whole new thread to explain what is your scenario and to describe what are your issues.

@nvadekar wrote: This thread made it very clear how to setup Active Gateway but seems to have gone offline when discussing routing.

See above.