Wired Intelligent Edge

last person joined: yesterday 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

Invalid input: allow-unsupported-transceiver error on 2930F Switch

This thread has been viewed 9 times
  • 1.  Invalid input: allow-unsupported-transceiver error on 2930F Switch

Posted Aug 13, 2019 04:47 PM

I can't figure out why I'm getting the Invalid Input: error. I'm new to Aruba administration, so I might be missing something basic. I've been following the steps in the ArubaOS-Switch Unsupported Transceiver Guide V2 and every command except allow-unsupported-transceiver has been working as expected.

I've got a number of 2930F switches, running software revision WC.16.03.0005, so unless this feature has been deprecated I believe our configuration is compatible.

I've tried it while signed in as manager, both via ssh and directly through the console port, and I'm getting the same Invalid Input: result in the CLI.

• 2.  RE: Invalid input: allow-unsupported-transceiver error on 2930F Switch

MVP GURU
    Posted Aug 13, 2019 06:12 PM
    Did you type or tab the command? try typing letter by letter the entire command without just typing its first two or three letters and then pressing tab looking for auto-completion.

• 3.  RE: Invalid input: allow-unsupported-transceiver error on 2930F Switch
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 14, 2019 09:08 AM

Greetings!

Just to be certain — are you running the command from the global configuration context, and not from the enable context? For example:

switch(config)# allow-unsupported-transceiver 
    Warning: The use of third-party transceivers is at your own risk and may void support and warranty. Please see HPE Warranty terms and conditions.
    Do you agree, and do you wish to continue enabling? (Y/N) 

The command will not work from the operator, enable, or any individual feature, interface, or VLAN context (even if you are in configuration mode):

switch(eth-1/10)# allow-unsupported-transceiver
    Invalid input: allow-unsupported-transceiver

• 4.  RE: Invalid input: allow-unsupported-transceiver error on 2930F Switch

Posted Mar 02, 2020 03:10 PM

How do you get into the"config" mode or how do you tell if you are there?

• 5.  RE: Invalid input: allow-unsupported-transceiver error on 2930F Switch

MVP GURU
    Posted Mar 02, 2020 03:21 PM

Log in as manager or, if you were already  logged into as operator, perform an enable (you will prompted to provide manager password). Once logged into manager mode type config...and you will enter the config context. There you will be able to type the above command to allow unsupported transceivers.

• 6.  RE: Invalid input: allow-unsupported-transceiver error on 2930F Switch

Posted Mar 02, 2020 04:02 PM

Before I saw this I downloaded the config and added the command there and then uploaded the new config and rebooted. That worked, but I will be adding your solution to my notes as well. Thanks!