Wired Intelligent Edge

last person joined: yesterday 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

MAS Certificate replacement

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  MAS Certificate replacement

Posted Jul 27, 2017 10:06 PM

Hello

I have a few MAS switches and I am attempting to replace the default certificate following this guide:

http://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/ArubaOS_7_Web_Help/Default.htm#mas_guides/management_access/Managing_Certificates.htm#management_utilities_163792609_1117657

https://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Wired-Networks/ArubaOS-Default-Certificate-Revocation-FAQ-Mobility-Access/ta-p/275815

I have generated the csr, signed it with my internal ca. The doecument doesnt state how to load it into the switch, i am just assuming tftp as I cannot access the webui for some reason which I will troubleshoot after I upgrade it soon.

I receive the following error when i try to import the signed csr using the following command:

(edge-sw-01) #crypto pki-import pem ServerCert edgesw01 edgesw01.cer
    Error in importing file

It is definitley in the flash file system:

#dir

-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1964 Jul 28 01:58 edgesw01.cer

I have tried as a windows txt and a unix txt (crlf vs lf), same issue.

it seems i can change the names to anything and the same error appears:

#crypto pki-import pem ServerCert asd asd
    Error in importing file

I have converted the pem to a der and it still doesnt work:

(edge-sw-01) #crypto pki-import der ServerCert edgesw01 edgesw01.cer
    Error in cert format

Any ideas?

• 2.  RE: MAS Certificate replacement
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 06, 2017 09:25 AM

Updating the code and rebooting seems to have fixed the WebUI which has allowed me to upload a cert via the WebUI.