Wired Intelligent Edge

last person joined: yesterday 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

MAS: LACP load balancing algorithm

This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  MAS: LACP load balancing algorithm

Posted Feb 09, 2014 07:21 PM

I can't find any documentation on the LACP load balancing algorithm that's used.  For instance, is the source MAC uses to load balance traffic?  If so, is this configurable to get better distributed traffic?  Ex: load balance using source + destination MAC?

• 2.  RE: MAS: LACP load balancing algorithm
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 09, 2014 08:57 PM

Thecompnerd,

For IP traffic, hash is based on Source IP, Destination IP and L4 Port.
    For L2 traffic, hash is based on Source Address and Destination Address.

It is not currently user configurable.

Best regards,

Madani

• 3.  RE: MAS: LACP load balancing algorithm

Posted Feb 09, 2014 09:05 PM
    That's good enough! Thanks for the info.

• 4.  RE: MAS: LACP load balancing algorithm

Posted Jul 06, 2015 11:48 AM

Hi guys,

Does the above LACP load-balancing algorithm (i.e. "src-dst-ip+layer4" hash for IP traffic, ignoring Layer 2 traffic for the time being) apply to all models of Aruba controllers and AP's?

If so is the recommended uplink switch LACP load-balancing config also "src-dst-ip+layer4" hash for IP traffic as I have seen in the below post that "src-dst-ip" is acceptable?

http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Unified-Wired-Wireless-Access/Link-Aggregation-LACP-on-Aruba-Controller-Jan06-Tutorial/td-p/130639

Regards, Ash.