Wired Intelligent Edge

last person joined: yesterday 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

MAS and vlan 1

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  MAS and vlan 1

Posted Oct 23, 2015 02:20 PM

Has anyone had issue with MAS and vlan 1 with alcatel switches or with another brand?

we are sending vlan 1, 10,219 from one alcatel switch to an aruba switch and vlan 1 is not working, the other vlans are working just fine.

we are getting a lot of packet lost like this

Reply from 192.168.22.74: bytes=32 time=9ms TTL=64
    Request timed out.
    Request timed out.
    Request timed out.
    Request timed out.
    Request timed out.
    Request timed out.

The other vlans works fine as i said, but this vlan 1 has this issue..

Anyone

• 2.  RE: MAS and vlan 1

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 23, 2015 03:22 PM

Have not heard of this.  Are all VLANs tagged?  What if another port just has VLAN 1 (access mode) connected to ALcatel. Is the problem still happening?

• 3.  RE: MAS and vlan 1

Posted Oct 23, 2015 08:20 PM

Hello Seth

Vlan 1 was tagged(i know i need to tagged even if its the native vlan)

Is not possible to have another port  with just vlan 1, as this swithc is on the second floor, and there is just one cable that connect from the first floor to the second floor.

As a work around i did this

On alcatel switch

vlan 1 as native vlan

Vlan 220 and 219 tagged

On aruba switch

Created vlan 300(which doesnt exist on their network)

vlan 300 as native vlan

Vlan 300, 219 and 220 tagged

So im matching the vlan 300 which is untagged with vlan 1 of alcatel switch which is untagged as well...

I though that if the problem was that only the VLAND ID i though well lets just change the vlan id but still use the vlan 1 so the client doesnt need to change anything on their network, and it worked...

Why it doesnt liek vlan id 1 agains the alcatel switch? i dont know....

I would like to make the vlan 1 works without my work around as i mean their old switch which was a netgear worked just fine with it, how can i tell the client that this doesnt work ona switch that cost like 5  times more than their netgear???

I know vlan 1 is not recomended, and they should not use it, but i cannot tell the clietn all of the sundden, you need to change your network because this swithces which cost 5 times more does not support that...

Any ideas??

Cheers

Carlos

• 4.  RE: MAS and vlan 1

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 24, 2015 10:32 AM

Have not seen this either. Maybe there is some STP activity? What STP is in use? What does "show log system 10" show?

• 5.  RE: MAS and vlan 1

Posted Oct 26, 2015 05:33 PM

The spanning tree mode is PVST

If i use the default one it doesnt work i mean the mstp(if i use it, then all the vlans has that problems

time out)

ping

Time out

ping

and so on.

If i use PVST just the vlan 1 has that issue...

I already asked the client to see if he can give me the show you are asking for.

Cheers

Carlos