06-11-2018 04:47 AM
- We have to get an Activation ID, which first involves extracting the Hardware-ID from your new MSM765;
NOTE: The controller Service OS CLI is available once the controller Module Status LED stays on green.
- To obtain the activation hardware ID:
Change to the switch CLI configuration context:
- Launch the Service OS CLI:
Services <slot-id> 1
- Obtain and record the MSM765 zl Activation Hardware ID:
Licenses hardware-id activation
The Activation Hardware ID is displayed. VERY IMPORTANT - Record this string precisely as displayed, including the dashes.
- Now TEC team will then generate an ACTIVATION-ID based on HARDWARE-ID.
Installing the Activation ID
The starting point for this procedure is the Service OS CLI prompt for the controller you are activating. (Services <slot-id> 1)
- Install the product license key:
Licenses install activation <license key>
Where <license key> is the product license key just provided by the My Networking portal. The key must be entered precisely as received including the dashe.
- Boot the controller product:
The boot image is verified.
- At prompt:
System will be rebooted. Do you want to continue [y/n]?
Respond with "y".
The product reboots.
Now confirm the services with the below command:
Slot Index Description Name
B,D 1. Services zl Module services-module
B,D 2. HP ProCurve MSM765 zl Int-Ctlr msm765-application