Wired Intelligent Edge

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

MSR Router inquiry about WAN Failover

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  MSR Router inquiry about WAN Failover

Posted Apr 02, 2019 04:40 AM
      |   view attached

How can I do a wan failover in MSR router if the routers doesn't have connection to both isp? What can be the possible solution here?

• 2.  RE: MSR Router inquiry about WAN Failover
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 03, 2019 09:43 AM

Hi,

Just looking at your diagram. I think you can use two solutions, the following:

- Use tracking, see more details in link below:

http://h22208.www2.hpe.com/eginfolib/networking/docs/routers/msrv7/cg/5200-3011_hi-avail_cg/content/index.htm

- Play with route preferences

But in this case your complete route must be gone. Tracking is much more dynamic

In your diagram I can't see if you are using VRRP down or maybe you want to IRF your routers (that would be even easier I think). Since you need to make sure the clients will also follow the right path. 

Hope this will help you!

Regards, Dobias

• 3.  RE: MSR Router inquiry about WAN Failover

Posted Apr 03, 2019 09:06 PM

We're using VRRP for the 2 routers. So track can check if PLDT or Globe is down and automatically change the route to pldt or globe once the other is down?

• 4.  RE: MSR Router inquiry about WAN Failover

Posted Apr 03, 2019 09:12 PM

And they also want to load balance voice and data traffic thats why we used vrrp so that vlan for voice vrrp master is router 2 and vlan for data vrrp master is router 1

• 5.  RE: MSR Router inquiry about WAN Failover

Posted Apr 04, 2019 01:11 AM

Should we use vrrp, nqa for checking of internet and bfd for detecting if the physical status of uplink is up or down?