Wired Intelligent Edge

last person joined: yesterday 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

Management Vlan Issue in aruba 2930f

This thread has been viewed 32 times
  • 1.  Management Vlan Issue in aruba 2930f

Posted Nov 16, 2017 08:11 AM

Hi ,

I have installed the a new aruba 2930f switch in our network , i did all the basic configuration but issue is when i am trying to ping the management vlan from user vlan i wont able to get reply from  switch.only management  vlans can able to talk with eachother .

is anybody can help me out from this issue??????

• 2.  RE: Management Vlan Issue in aruba 2930f

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 17, 2017 01:13 AM

From your message I understand that you ping from user VLAN. This is probably also another subnet? If so, did you turn IP routing on?

• 3.  RE: Management Vlan Issue in aruba 2930f

Posted Nov 17, 2017 01:25 AM

HI,

Yes, it is in different subnet . my management vlan is vlan 5 (172.15.0.1/16),user vlans are vlan 2(172.11.0.0/16),vlan 3(172.12.0.0/16),vlan 4(172.13.0.0/16). i was enable the ip routing in switch so that user vlans can able to communicate with eachother but management vlan(vlan5) is not communicating with user vlans(vlan2,vlan3,vlan4) and vice versa.

so what should i do for communication of management vlan to user vlans????????

• 4.  RE: Management Vlan Issue in aruba 2930f

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 17, 2017 01:27 AM

You probably need to set default gateway with ip default-gateway command.

• 5.  RE: Management Vlan Issue in aruba 2930f

Posted Nov 17, 2017 02:16 AM

Hi,

I disable the ip routing and trying to set  default gateway as (172.11.0.1/16) but its not getting because of its use in switch ip (vlan1) so,i set default gateway as (172.21.0.1/16) then i lost all access, after that i removed vlan 1 ip (172.11.0.1/16) from switch then set default gateway as (172.11.0.1) still i lost all access of other vlans.

i also try to set static route of other vlan subnet in user machines.still not work.

please help me out from this issue.

• 6.  RE: Management Vlan Issue in aruba 2930f

Posted Nov 28, 2017 02:30 AM

Is anybody know the solution of these problem ????

• 7.  RE: Management Vlan Issue in aruba 2930f
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 29, 2017 09:30 PM
    no management-vlan xx

based on what you've described that is intended and expected behavior.  If you set a management-vlan that vlan is not routed, and is only accessible by other devices on that vlan.  It's designed to mimic the behavior of a physical oobm port.

It sounds like that's not the actual desire here, so just get rid of the management-vlan statement.  You can lock it down as necessary using "ip authorized-managers" statements (switch management ACLs)

• 8.  RE: Management Vlan Issue in aruba 2930f

Posted Nov 30, 2017 01:56 AM

Hi ,

thank you for reply and i got my solution from your information .

Thanks once again.

• 9.  RE: Management Vlan Issue in aruba 2930f

Posted Dec 21, 2017 08:11 AM

Dear all,

Those info are really interesting thank you. Does one of you know the goal of the primary-vlan command and its impact? When assigning a vlan as primary (other than the default VLAN 1) will be that vlan prevented from routing like for the management vlan command? 

We don't use the default vlan 1 inside our config and I want to get rid of that VLAN.

Also when trying to add a 2930F switch inside AirWave via the amp-server command I noticed that it doesn't work "amp-server: ST1-CMDR: Default, Primary or Management VLAN is not configured with IP or DHCP." which is a quite clear message. As I need routing for the management VLAN I can't use "management-vlan" can I use "primary-vlan"? What is the impact of changing the primary-vlan?

Many thanks in advance,

• 10.  RE: Management Vlan Issue in aruba 2930f

Posted Feb 04, 2019 07:01 PM

What is the equivalent command for S2500  switch? It seems that I am having the same issue but the commant doesn't work.

Thanks

• 11.  RE: Management Vlan Issue in aruba 2930f

Posted May 17, 2022 01:01 PM
    Removing the 'management-vlan' did the trick. It seems that ip routing is disabled when a management-vlan is configured (including inter-vlan routing).

------------------------------
    Stefan-Adrian Tabirca

• 12.  RE: Management Vlan Issue in aruba 2930f

Posted May 26, 2022 03:21 AM

You are looking at this somewhat troublesome,

Set your management-vlan = primary-vlan, this makes it a untagged vlan

Set all your switch neighbors, LAG/Trunks/Vlan, equal, a untagged primary-lan,

And you will be able to access all your devices, all over

Steinar Grande