Wired Intelligent Edge

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

Multiple VLAN's with one internet connections

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Multiple VLAN's with one internet connections

Posted Nov 02, 2018 03:56 AM

Hello everybody,

I'm setting up a network for a WeWork kind of scenario, when a bunch of different businesses share a common infrastructure. I have a bunch of 2930F switches and a Check Point 790 Firewall/Router that connects to the Internet. I want to assign every business a dedicated VLAN and subnet to segregate them, so they cannot see each other, but they could get Internet connectivity and DHCP from the router for each subnet.

A good guide would be much appreciated!

• 2.  RE: Multiple VLAN's with one internet connections

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 05, 2018 01:33 PM

Greetings!

As you have a dedicated firewall/router appliance to perform the role of gateway and traffic segregation, the best solution in this case would be to use Layer 2 VLANs on the 2930F (no IP addressing), untagged on the client ports and tagged across the uplink to the Check Point appliance, which would use firewall rules and/or ACLs to prevent inter-VLAN routing while permitting each business to utilize the shared Internet connection.