Wired Intelligent Edge (Campus Switching and Routing)

Highlighted
Contributor II

Re: No POE on MAS 1500

Hi Madni,

Sorry for the late follow up. Yes all the locations that we are deploying these switches / access points to have these HP thin clients. Out of the 44 sites that we have deployed to we have had 3 of them with these issues. Our solution was to move that particular unit to the AT&T multifunction router. ( It has switchports as well). It works fine when it's connected to that piece of hardware.

Thanks,

Mark

Highlighted
Aruba

Mark,

Can you let me know what model thin client?

Best regards,

Madani

Highlighted
Contributor II

Madani,

It is a HP t5630 thin client.

Regards,

Mark

Highlighted
Aruba

Thanks Mark.

Highlighted
Contributor II

I have a similar issue with a MAS 1500.

Each interface has the following error/code:

GE0/0/16
--------
GE0/0/16: Administratively Enable, Port status: Off
Maximum power: 30000 mW, Power consumption: 0 mW
Port voltage: 0 mV, Port current: 0 mA
PD class: Class-0, Priority: High, PSE port status: off, (code=37)

I have opened a cas with TAC but we have been unable to resolve it as of yet.

There are (5) AP 105's connected. The other (3) connections are to the firewall, controller, and the customers LAN (Which is an Allied Telesis switch).

The AP's do not power up. What does "code=37" mean?

Thanks!

-Herman

Highlighted
Aruba

Herman,

Code=37 means "Port is off, Unknown Status (indicating Software issue)". In 7.4.0.0 we updated the outputs to show text instead of codes so I assume you are running a 7.3.X.X varient? We'll be including the same improvement in 7.3.2.4 releasing later this month.

We also updated the PoE code on the S1500s in ArubaOS 7.3.2.1 so what version of software are you currently running?

Best regards,

Madani

Highlighted
Contributor II

Thanks for the response. I'm running 7.3.2.2 on the S1500. I connected the AP's to a S2500 and I did not have an issue. I will verify the code on the S2500 and upgrade the code on the S1500 to the latest version and see what the results are.

Thanks

Highlighted
Aruba

The version of code on the S2500 wouldn't really matter since the two platforms actually have a different version of their PoE chipset.

Upgrading to 7.4.0.1 on the S1500 would at least replace the "Code" numbers with more understandable text but since you're already running 7.3.2.2, you alrady have the PoE chipset update.

What's your TAC case number?

Best regards,

Madani

Highlighted
Contributor II

Ok, thanks. I won't waste my time looking at the S2500.

The Case Number is: 1621590

At this point Aruba is processing an RMA. I actually requested the RMA while the engineer looked into what the code meant. It was explained that I can not have both. I can either request an RMA or wait 2-3 days for an engineer to respond to what the code meant...I decided to go the RMA route.

Highlighted
Aruba

Herman,

I looked over the case but don't have enough information on whether this is indeed a hardware or software issue. Since you've already requested the RMA, let me know how things go with the replacement and if you're still having trouble respond on this thread and we'll grab some more info to troubleshoot.

Best regards,

Madani