Wired Intelligent Edge (Campus Switching and Routing)

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor II

OSPF summary address only to advertise

Hi,

I have some 8320 and 5400 switches peering to our WAN provider ... I want to start distributing OSPF over this.

To keep the routing table as small as possible for these links over the WAN, how can I set a summary address on the relevant interface?

So effectively all the other sites just get advertised a summary address in OSPF for each other site?

Thanks
MVP Expert

Re: OSPF summary address only to advertise

for 8320, do you have look area X range XXX command ?

ArubaOS-CX-Switch(config-ospf-2)# area 0
default-metric Configure cost for the default route used for a stub or NSSA area
nssa Configure OSPF area as NSSA
range Summarize routes matching address/mask on border routers only
stub Configure OSPF area as stub
virtual-link Configure a virtual link<cr>

PowerArubaSW: Powershell Module to use Aruba Switch API for Vlan, VlanPorts, LACP, LLDP... More info

PowerArubaCP: Powershell Module to use ClearPass API (create NAD, Guest...) More info

PowerArubaCX: Powershell Module to use ArubaCX API (get interface/vlan/ports info)

PowerArubaIAP: Powershell Module to use Aruba Instant AP

ACMP 6.4 / ACMX #107 / ACCP 6.5
Occasional Contributor II

Thanks - so the area command is where you set the range? So you essentially assign a summary address to each area you make?

Thanks
MVP Expert

Yes

PowerArubaSW: Powershell Module to use Aruba Switch API for Vlan, VlanPorts, LACP, LLDP... More info

PowerArubaCP: Powershell Module to use ClearPass API (create NAD, Guest...) More info

PowerArubaCX: Powershell Module to use ArubaCX API (get interface/vlan/ports info)

PowerArubaIAP: Powershell Module to use Aruba Instant AP

ACMP 6.4 / ACMX #107 / ACCP 6.5
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: