Wired Intelligent Edge

last person joined: yesterday 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

PVID Mismatch on 2930 - caused by Aruba AP's

This thread has been viewed 9 times
  • 1.  PVID Mismatch on 2930 - caused by Aruba AP's

Posted Dec 24, 2019 09:58 AM

I read this topic, because is see the same issue on my network.
    ****************************************************************************
    lldp: ST1-CMDR: PVID mismatch on port 4/47(VID 10)with
    peer device port b0b867-c78ce0(VID unknown)(267838)
    ***************************************************************************888
    I REVIEWED THIS TOPIC ON AIRHEADS.

https://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Wired-Intelligent-Edge-Campus/How-To-Stop-PVID-Mismatch-Messages/ta-p/471996

One unanswered question on the topic is:
    ********************************************************************************
    s there an equivalent for telling Access Points not to send their PVID? I am getting this everywhere I have an AP connected because the APs always report their untagged vlan as id 0.
    I have 18 Aruba AP-315's on one switch.

I am wondering if I should configure the switch with an AP profile or if I should follow the advice of the article
    and enter
    no lldp config 24 dot1TlvEnable port-vlan-id

I would manually apply this command 18 times on the switch because I have 18 AP's on this switch,,, plus dozens of other switches.

• 2.  RE: PVID Mismatch on 2930 - caused by Aruba AP's

MVP GURU
    Posted Dec 27, 2019 04:41 AM

Hi Tom,

You can also look on AP System Profile on MC, there is PVID / LLDP settings too

• 3.  RE: PVID Mismatch on 2930 - caused by Aruba AP's
    Best Answer

Posted Dec 27, 2019 07:53 AM

On the Aruba controller, the AP LLDP profile can be set to not send out the pvid. The syntax is a bit strange. One would expect a ‘no dot1-tlvs port-vlan’ command, but the controller expects to get a ‘dot1-tlvs vlan-name’, which disables the other command option, that is the ‘port-vlan’ option. If that is what it expects, just do it..

ap lldp profile "default"
     dot1-tlvs vlan-name

credits to:

https://abouthpnetworking.com/2016/11/23/device-lldp-pvid-mismatch/