Wired Intelligent Edge

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

Policy Based Routing with AOS8

This thread has been viewed 5 times
  • 1.  Policy Based Routing with AOS8

Posted Apr 13, 2017 03:35 AM

Dear all,

We are using controllers in standalone mode with firmware 8.0.1.1 (latest AOS8 release).

These controllers are connected to multiple gateways. We would like to do Policy Based Routing (PBR) to associate some user roles with some specific gateway (and not the default one).

I have found an article explaining how to do it: https://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Controller-Based-WLANs/How-to-bind-a-router-ACL-to-user-role-for-implementing-PBR/ta-p/234522

But when done on AOS8, the PBR doesn't work, the packet are still sent to the default gateway.

Here are the commands used:

ip nexthop-list my-list
        ip 10.10.16.1 priority 1
    exit
    ip access-list route my-acl
        network 10.10.128.0 255.255.128.0 any any route next-hop-list my-list
    exit
    routing-policy-map role my-role access-list my-acl

I have tries to apply the acl to different roles (unauthenticated, authenticated), but it doesn't seem to work.

Sebastien

• 2.  RE: Policy Based Routing with AOS8

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 13, 2017 03:43 AM

Hi Sebastien,

why do you need PBR?

If you have different roles and they're in different VLAN's you will get the default gateway via DHCP. 

Regards

Borja

• 3.  RE: Policy Based Routing with AOS8

Posted Apr 13, 2017 03:56 AM

Dear Borja,

Changing the gateway in the DHCP isn't possible as the controller is acting as the DHCP server but also as a gateway (router) for the users.

Sebastien

• 4.  RE: Policy Based Routing with AOS8

Posted Apr 13, 2017 07:44 AM

The underlying question is also: does the "routing-policy-map" mechanism still work with AOS8?

• 5.  RE: Policy Based Routing with AOS8

Posted May 03, 2017 09:52 AM

Nobody knows if "routing-policy-map" is working and how to use it with AOS8?

• 6.  RE: Policy Based Routing with AOS8

Posted May 17, 2017 01:26 PM

PBR is supported in AOS 8.0. Weird that it's not working. I would advise you to open a case with support.

Thanks.
    S.