Wired Intelligent Edge (Campus Switching and Routing)

Highlighted
New Contributor

Powering Off MAS S3500-24T

I have an S3500-24T that I want to powerdown daily (overnight) when all the connected devices are already off.  If there are no users connected, is it safe to simply remove power to the switch, or is it advisable to set up a script to halt it prior to powering off? 

If I need to halt the switch first, I didn't see any provision in the AOS version for this switch to have it halt on a schedule, so assume I'd need to have the halt command issued by another device via SSH etc.? 

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Powering Off MAS S3500-24T

The MAS switch does not have a scheduler for automated regular shutdown of the switch.

Halting the operating system before removing power does not hurt anything. As long as there are not active filesystem writes taking place when you remove the switch power (writing logs, copying files across flash) you should be fine. 

Charlie Clemmer
Aruba Customer Engineering

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted

Re: Powering Off MAS S3500-24T

The MAS switch does not have a scheduler for automated regular shutdown of the switch.

Halting the operating system before removing power does not hurt anything. As long as there are not active filesystem writes taking place when you remove the switch power (writing logs, copying files across flash) you should be fine. 

Charlie Clemmer
Aruba Customer Engineering

View solution in original post

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: