QinQ Mixed VLAN Configuration
Test Case Scenario:
For example Customer want to configure QinQ Mixed mode configuration and his local VLAN should communicate between the two sites
ISP Provided VLAN : SVLAN 1912
Customer VLAN : VLAN 99
Site 1 - There is a 3810 switch which is connecting to WAN
Site 2 - There is 5412 switch which is connecting to the Customer edge switch of provider.
We need to archive communication between the VLAN 99 of site 1 and Site 2 with QinQ Mixed Mode Configuration.
1. Disable BPDU Throttle
2. Enable QinQ Mixed VLAN (Note: This is delete all config and switch will boot with default config)
3. Configure SVLAN and "unknown-vlans disable" on SVLAN Ports.
4. Configure "ip-recv-mac-address" on user VLAN. So that packets will be treated as if it is coming from different switch.
5. Enable IP Rotuing
Site 1 3810 Switch Configuration:
Need to accomadate Jumper between 2 ports togther on each switch, so the switch will split as provider and user, Boot the switch from Mixed VLAN mode.
Please note when you reboot the switch in mixed VLAN mode it will wipe out the configuration and reboot with default configuration, plan accordingly.
1. Port 1 and 5 connected with Jumper.
2. Port 24 connecting to the WAN.
1. You need to Disable BPDU Throttling before enabling the QinQ Mixed Mode. Switch will not allow you to configure without disabling it.
Switch(config)# qinq mixedvlan
Q-in-Q cannot be enabled when BPDU Throttling is configured.
2. Disable BDPU Throttle
Switch(config)# no spanning-tree bpdu-throttle
3. Enable QinQ Mixed Vlan, Once you configure it, switch will reboot with default configuration
Switch(config)# qinq mixedvlan
This command will reboot the device. Any prior configuration
on this config file will be erased and the device will boot up
with a default configuration for the new qinq mode.
Do you want to continue? [y/n]
4. Once reboot completed, switch will come up with default config and qinq mixed vlan enabled.
Aruba-2930F-24G-4SFP# show run
; JL259A Configuration Editor; Created on release #WC.16.08.0001
; Ver #14:07.6f.f8.1d.9b.3f.bf.bb.ef.7c.59.fc.6b.fb.9f.fc.ff.ff.37.ef:24
module 1 type jl259a
5. Now start Configuring VLAN's
6. The user vlan should be configured with a different L3-mac using the command "ip-recv-mac-address". So that packets will be treated as if it is coming from different switch.
ip address 10.93.3.2 255.255.255.252
7. "unknown-vlans disable" must be done on S-Vlan ports
unknown-vlans disable<------must be done on S-Vlan ports
qinq port-type customer-network <----------assigned to customer
Site 2 5412 Configuration:
Please follow all the steps from 1 to 7 as site 1. Additonally Configure TRK20 and Tag VLAN 1912
Site 2 Customer Edge Router :- This is an additional switch in this scenario, we only need to enable qinq mixedvlan and configure a Trunk netween thi switch and the site 2 switch to allow SVLAN
Once Completed, We need the QinQ Setup up and Running, We need to enable IP-Routing on both the site 1 and Site 2 switches.
1. The below show command display the QinQ Config
Aruba-2930F-24G-4SFP# show qinq
QinQ configuration information:
Mode : mixedvlan
Tag-Type : 0x88a8
2. Display SVLAN
Aruba-2930F-24G-4SFP# show vlans
Status and Counters - VLAN Information
Maximum VLANs to support : 256
Primary VLAN : DEFAULT_VLAN
Management VLAN :
VLAN ID Name Type | Status Voice Jumbo
------- -------------------- ----- + ---------- ----- -----
1 DEFAULT_VLAN cvlan | Port-based No No
99 VLAN99 cvlan | Port-based No No
1912 VLAN1912 svlan | Port-based No No
3. Check the connectivity by pining the VLAN 99 IP Address between the 2 sites.