Wired Intelligent Edge (Campus Switching and Routing)

MVP Expert

Re: Routing issues Aruba 8320

Hi

How is the vsx status?
Cheers, Frank
AirHeads MVP Expert |AMFX#22| ACCX#613| ACMX#733| ACDX#744

If you like my posts, kudo's are welcome. If it solves your problem, please click 'Accept as Solution'
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor II

@mrtwentytwo wrote:
Hi

Did you try:

Different software?
Only one core active?(sketch off one core)
Add a default route?

Sorry what do you mean by different software?

I've got a simple vigor router out which im going to setup to simulate the customers firewall and make it the default route for the switch. Still i didnt think id need to do this to get inter-vlan routing working.

@mrtwentytwo wrote:
Hi

How is the vsx status?

All looks good. Both primary and secondary are in sync and active.

Im not at the switches right now or i would post the results 

MVP Expert

Hi

You are running 10.02.0010. did you try 10.02.0001?

Cheers, Frank

If you like my posts, kudo's are welcome. If it solves your problem, please click 'Accept as Solution'

@mrtwentytwo wrote:

Hi

You are running 10.02.0010. did you try 10.02.0001?

I was running that, but i upgraded to the latest as support told me to because the serial port was faulty, in the end it was hardware related. Ive only ever used 10.02.00010 when ive had VSX and vlan interfaces in play.

as per always this issue was something really stupid. My laptop was doing some weird routing. From the esxi host i could ping every gateway and even my laptop... once id turned the windows firewall off. Derp!

MVP Expert

Hi

Thanks for the update!

Cheers, Frank

New Contributor

There is something I don't quite understand. The interface mgmt should be isolated as ArubaosCX use the vrf mgmt for the management plane which should be isolated but yet you say that from any access port on vlan 60 you can ping 192.168.60.11?. You have an overlapping range 192.168.60.0/24 both on the management and your routing table but that shouldn't matter as they are in different vrf. Not sure if this is related, maybe if you try changing your mgmt IP to remove the overlapping?
MVP Expert

Hi

It is already solved. I think the management interface in connected to a port I tagged in vlan 60. So it is isolated only connected through a wire

Cheers, Frank

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: