Wired Intelligent Edge

last person joined: 21 hours ago 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

S2500 Power Supply

This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  S2500 Power Supply

Posted Jun 26, 2017 10:54 AM

Has anyone experienced the issue where a S2500 would suddenly power off? Then it would act like you're flipping a switch, it would turn on and off, then on and off, continually until you unplug it.

I've had that happen to two switches so far. I was able to replace one, but now it's happened to a second unit in another building. The odd thing is that the original switch that exhibited this behavior now turns on. It had been sitting unplugged in my office for about a month.

I did remove the cover, yet it looks like replacing the power supply may not be an easy task.

We had to purchase these switches used, so we are already outside of the warranty.

Any thoughts? Does it sound like a failing power supply? Have any of you experienced this issue?

Thank you for your time.

• 2.  RE: S2500 Power Supply

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 27, 2017 03:20 AM

If you purchased the switch after July 1, 2014, it is covered under Limited Lifetime Warranty (LLW, http://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/product-warranties/).

The S2500 does have a built-in power supply, which is not field-replaceable.

I would follow the instructions for the LLW to see if you can have the switch replaced under that.

• 3.  RE: S2500 Power Supply

Posted Jun 27, 2017 06:32 AM

Doesn't LLW only apply to the original end user of the switch, ie. the company that first purchased it?

• 4.  RE: S2500 Power Supply

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 27, 2017 08:33 AM

I believe that correct: The Hardware Limited Lifetime Warranty is provided to the original end user only and is not transferrable.

Did not find information that this switch wasn't at the original buyer.

• 5.  RE: S2500 Power Supply

Posted Jan 31, 2018 04:53 PM

I apologize for the delay in my reply, but I was able to find a replacement module from Allied Electronics. It was easy to replace (I had the switch uplugged for months just in case), and so far it's been running solid. Obviously time will tell.

• 6.  RE: S2500 Power Supply

Posted Mar 25, 2018 05:04 PM

I am experiencing the same problem with my S2500 48T.  The unit powers on for half a second, all green port lights flash on and the fans briefly spin up before turning off.  The cycle repeats every 5 seconds or so.

Would you mind posting the model # or name of the replacement unit you purchased from Allied?  Thanks!

• 7.  RE: S2500 Power Supply

Posted Nov 13, 2018 11:47 AM

Just got four of those used and one is did exactly the same after five days running.

Has anyone found the PSU for sale somewhere?

Thanks!

• 8.  RE: S2500 Power Supply

Posted Nov 14, 2018 12:28 PM

You can find a PSU for the S2500-48T here https://www.digikey.no/product-detail/en/VFT150PS12/1470-2344-ND/4488723

Speedy