Wired Intelligent Edge

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

SFP SX Transceivers: clarification about C/D Hardware revisions 4x4 Part Numbers

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  SFP SX Transceivers: clarification about C/D Hardware revisions 4x4 Part Numbers

MVP GURU
    Posted Jun 10, 2019 04:42 AM

Hi all,

I need just a confirmation, are associations reported below:

• SKU Part Number J4858C has 4x4 Part Number 1990-4415
    • SKU Part Number J4858D has 4x4 Part Number 1990-4395

correct?

Looking at any recent ArubaOS-Switch and ArubaOS-CX Transceiver Guide it seems the contrary given the way they are listed (which, I know, isn't correct), as example see here:

J4858C_D_SFP_Transceivers.pngand here:

J4858C_D_SFP_Transceivers_1.png

Looking the way those items are reported it looks like the J4858C has 1990-4395 and J4858D has the 1990-4415.

• 2.  RE: SFP SX Transceivers: clarification about C/D Hardware revisions 4x4 Part Numbers
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 10, 2019 02:15 PM

Greetings!

For clarification: both J4858C and J4858D may use either of the two listed 4x4 part numbers — it is not a one-to-one mapping. (If this were the case, they would be listed in separate rows in the chart.)

• 3.  RE: SFP SX Transceivers: clarification about C/D Hardware revisions 4x4 Part Numbers

MVP GURU
    Posted Jun 10, 2019 03:12 PM

Hello Matthew, thank you for clarifying me that (that was exactly the other possible option)...maybe I was too focused on finding a nonexistent 1:1 mapping!

So...the only way to verify about which Hardware revision (C or D) an HP/HPE/Aruba SFP SX Transceiver (I'm only focused on this one) is to look at its SKU (Prod #) and not at its 4x4 (Part #), both reported by show tech transceivers command.

Thank you again.